Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Movie actors are mere entertainers. They are above the politics. In the movies like Leader, Shakti, Ram aur Shyam are some that underline his prowess of Dilip as an extraordinary actor. We the people should stop linking with politics with everything.

MG Singh wrote:

I am glad Dilip Kumar got the award, mainly as it will nail the lie that BJP is anti Muslim. Dilip is aMuslim and has recieved the Nishan e Pakistan, the highest  civil award in Pakistan. He accepted it during the Kargil war. His role during the Pak India war of 1965 was also dubious. However having said that, I will add he was a great actor.

I agree that Dilip Kumar has not shown too much patriotism to India many a times although people have bestowed a lot of respect and affection for him..He has made many controversial statements in the past and also been associated with questionable criminals ..However, no no two opinions about the fact that he is one of the greatest actors of Indian cinema !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The very fact that the Home minister Rajnath Singh personally handed over the title to the thespian Dilip kumar, a movie actor from India says that he has not taken in to consideration about his acceptance of Nishan-e- Pakistan and other aspects.

I'm of the firm opinion, that Dilip Kumar's  contribution to the Indian cinema is the only factor one should see. Other factors should be set aside.

Actors are not merely actors but they are human beings first and then citizens of a country too. So, ignoring wrong deeds of anyone is not acceptable but yes, no one can deny that Dilip Kumar is a fantastic actor.

shampasaid

I beg to differ with you. If as you said actors are humans first, you must know humans are liable to commit mistakes. Can there be any human sans mistakes or undoings ?

In the case of Dilip Kumar, while conferring the coveted award, it's essential to consider his achievements alone. Not his past deeds. That's what The Home Minister has done. Had he considered Dilip's past deeds, the Home Minister wouldn't have given the Padma Vibhushan at all.

Going by that arguments just because someone is talented, popular and famous  one can forgive them for any misdeeds they do - I am sure Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt  would be very happy to have fans like that , they of course do have fans who argue in a similar fashion , so why should we complain when their fans are ready to overlook everything they do, isn't law the same for all? Or is it that some are more equal?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Om Puri a Padma awardee was a wife beater. No one has seen his past while conferring Padma Shri. He was given the award for his acting and contribution to the Movie industry. Then why should Dilip Kumar be isolated for not being a Paragon of virtues ?

Personal problems are there in everyone's life, Dilip Kumar too ran away with another woman ..but that is not the issue since only the couple know what happened and all else is just conjecture and that is not what  we are concerned with nor discussing , we are only concerned about the person as an actor and more importantly as a citizen of the country, whether he has been a law abiding person and contributed positively to the society other than as an actor ..No point in bringing in personal matters which , in the first place was not discussed !

http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/om-puri-breaks-his-silence-on-domestic-violence-charge-says-wife-targeting-him/1160860/

As a matter of fact, I personally feel that a person without any bias should discuss only on those aspects that point for which, he has been conferred an honor. This is strictly my own opinion.

rambabu wrote:

As a matter of fact, I personally feel that a person without any bias should discuss only on those aspects that point for which, he has been conferred an honor. This is strictly my own opinion.

I appreciate your viewpoint, but then I hope you are aware that Dhirubhai Ambani was not conferred the Bhart Ratna only because he had a shady past as a young man. So why should teh law be different for Dilip Kumar.?  We must rememeber that Nationalism  is above everything else and Dilip failed that test. he is lucky he was not prosecuted in 1965, due to Congress government. For hsi acting he earned money, but a national award, my word!!!. I cant imagine a US citizen getting an award for similar activities.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.