Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am happy at this launch, but remember we are way behind China and USA. Comparing with China we dont yet have a space program matching them. However one may ask that so many countries like Germany and others who are well off are not spending money on such research which in any case is a duplicate research as the USa and other have already crossed this threshold. We should concentrate on giving food to the people > UN estimates 30% of the population in India has not enough to eat and many a poor child goes to sleep hungry. Is this desirable. ? what use thsi rocketry ?. This also research which is just a duplication. I am in fact saddened by this as our first priority is food and national helath. No child ( evn one ) shold go to bed without enough to eat

I am happy at this launch, but remember we are way behind China and USA. Comparing with China we dont yet have a space program matching them. However one may ask that so many countries like Germany and others who are well off are not spending money on such research which in any case is a duplicate research as the USa and other have already crossed this threshold. We should concentrate on giving food to the people > UN estimates 30% of the population in India has not enough to eat and many a poor child goes to sleep hungry. Is this desirable. ? what use thsi rocketry ?. This also research which is just a duplication. I am in fact saddened by this as our first priority is food and national helath. No child ( evn one ) shold go to bed without enough to eat

A totally biased opinion. It should be known that ISRO's Satellite programmes help in predicting storms and cyclones. They in turn help the poor in saving their lives and possessions. Additionally, the Satellites are of a big use in environmental research. The Satellite data is useful for farmers to plant the right stuff. Fishermen can locate the  right places for fishing. Many poor people in India die because of non availability of proper medicines. ISRO's TeleMedicine works in reducing the number of sick by not curing the diseases but by alerting the Medical Authorities to prevent the spread of diseases especially during natural disasters

MG Singh wrote:

Do you think that if our scientists stop investing this money on researches, then that money will reach poor? No way, the condition of people in our country is due to the mismanagement of our governments. By doing these researches India is going ahead in the world. Comparing our research with other countries is not a wise step. ISRO by launching satellites for other counties earns much amount that it can invest on the forthcoming projects.

http://www.comparenshop.in

All this information is available from tens of sources.

rambabu wrote:

A totally biased opinion. It should be known that ISRO's Satellite programmes help in predicting storms and cyclones. They in turn help the poor in saving their lives and possessions. Additionally, the Satellites are of a big use in environmental research. The Satellite data is useful for farmers to plant the right stuff. Fishermen can locate the  right places for fishing. Many poor people in India die because of non availability of proper medicines. ISRO's TeleMedicine works in reducing the number of sick by not curing the diseases but by alerting the Medical Authorities to prevent the spread of diseases especially during natural disasters

Do you think my friend that countries like UAE < Germany and Switzerland and many more  with a living standard 20 times of India and not doing this rocket launching have no access to this information? They have and mind you they do not consider a " Great power" by these launches.

I am a globe trotter and people in developed countries ask me about hunger and lack of nutrition for Indian masses. Not about rockets. I have a difficult time to explain.

MG Singh wrote:

Some time back we had a discussion on a similar topic, I guess you missed it. The fact is that whatever money goes into science research and 'rocketry', much much more money is poured into B grade films and cricket matches. People, including very poor people spend more money on Bollywood films and TV subscriptions. So what point will be in terminating these essential costs and what guarantee is that money reaches poor. Haven't we already turned more and more people onto beggars in numerous ways and make people more lazy? What about coming generations who would want to study science and make careers in that field? Have you given a thought to that?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Do you think my friend that countries like UAE < Germany and Switzerland and many more  with a living standard 20 times of India and not doing this rocket launching have no access to this information? They have and mind you they do not consider a " Great power" by these launches.

I am a globe trotter and people in developed countries ask me about hunger and lack of nutrition for Indian masses. Not about rockets. I have a difficult time to explain.

For ISRO, though, it's a small step, is an attempt to make India self reliant  in the Space technology. Don't you think it's an achievement ? Even Space technology giants like NASA appreciated the strides made by ISRO

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Germany and Switzerland are both members of European Space Agency and their contributions towards Space research is quite significant. Those countries, in addition to other European countries have understood the importance and need of space research fully well and their significant contributions towards it is evidence that they do not tale this subject lightly. However, they choose to come together and spend the money together instead of doing it all by themselves. Even smallest of countries such as Austria has spent more than 50 million Euros on the research, read the below link to get a gist of what ESA is about!

As far as perception about India to foreigners is concerned, most of them still think that tigers and elephants roam the streets. There is nothing we can do about their thinking however our scientists are wise enough to their own priorities!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Space_Agency#Member_states.2C_funding_and_budget

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I agree with that and I have had similar experiences when I deal with people from other countries...what has happened in India is a lop sided growth that is going in two different paths.On the one hand we have pathetic infra structure with shortage of power and clean drinking water in almost all major cities and sanitation is lesser said the better.Added to all this is the dubious distinction of being one of the dirtiest countries in the world but we are first in tele-communications, satellite programs etc etc.. It clearly shows how the political mentality has worked over the years.

Talking about other countries , they have fulfilled the basic needs of their citizens a long time back and now can afford to take interest in other matters since they are economically strong unlike us. There is a old saying in my language which when translated says " Even if there is no food to eat, keeping flowers in one's hair is essential :..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.