Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

When we wear footwear, it gives full protection to our feet as well as the entire body from encountering objects which may hurt us like Lord Vishnu who protects his people from various problems that come in our way. Dhoni just gave a pose to an advertisement in a business magazine as Lord Vishnu holding several items including a shoe in his hand. Shoe is not a worst thing, it is the protector of human being. Then, why Hindu people think that he is denigrating their favorite god Vishnu.  

Would Christians feel it is ok if Jesus Christ was depicted the same way in an ad with a shoe in his hand ? or a Jain or a Buddhist feels there is nothing wrong if an advertisement is made with their respective gods with shoes in hands ? It is all a matter of belief that needs to be respected ..

True, if some one has done like this for other religion, then protest against him would have started as in the case where Kamlesh Tiwari has commented on Prophet in reply of comment made by Azam Khan on Hindu's. For that Mr. Kamlesh has been arrested a month ago, but the violent protests are still going on in west Bengal and Bihar.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

When we wear footwear, it gives full protection to our feet as well as the entire body from encountering objects which may hurt us like Lord Vishnu who protects his people from various problems that come in our way. Dhoni just gave a pose to an advertisement in a business magazine as Lord Vishnu holding several items including a shoe in his hand. Shoe is not a worst thing, it is the protector of human being. Then, why Hindu people think that he is denigrating their favorite god Vishnu.  

Would Christians feel it is ok if Jesus Christ was depicted the same way in an ad with a shoe in his hand ? or a Jain or a Buddhist feels there is nothing wrong if an advertisement is made with their respective gods with shoes in hands ? It is all a matter of belief that needs to be respected ..

True, if some one has done like this for other religion, then protest against him would have started as in the case where Kamlesh Tiwari has commented on Prophet in reply of comment made by Azam Khan on Hindu's. For that Mr. Kamlesh has been arrested a month ago, but the violent protests are still going on in west Bengal and Bihar.

Exactly so ! Religion and belief overrides everything and thats where tolerance comes in..Of course people have different yardsticks of tolerance where it is their faith and religion and others !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The celebrities must reflect some sensibility while doing any advertisement or campaign. Dhoni may not consider this issue as a matter of faith but he must remember that the whole country is not filled with Dhonis only so he should have been careful before doing it.

shampasaid

Jincy Aby wrote:

Is it possible to use Gods, Pagamber or guru of other religion in place of Lord Vishnu? 

Jincy Aby wrote:

Shoe is the protector of human being ?Wonderful thing I heard for the first time. From onward, I will be holding a Shoe in my hand and will be protected.

We have to grow out of such silly notions and ideas. God is everywhere and I dont thnk anybodys sentiments are hurt. Its just politics and getting some news coverage.

I don't think what you said could be achieved in a tradition bound country like India. Religion, beliefs rituals are an integral part of this country and the people.

I am a Christian and so I don't think that Christians would take it as a serious matter, if Jesus Christ is depicted in the same way. This is just an advertisement. Advertisement is the best option to succeed in business.  For getting more attraction and popularity to the advertisement, the advertiser selected the costume of the most popular Hindu God Lord Vishnu for Dhoni. He did it for his product's success and not for hurting the Hindu religion and their favorite God. 

I like your statement. I think that the Hindu people have too much of sentiments with their Gods. They cannot bear if someone hurt their religion and their Gods. 

You are a Christian and you are sure that Christians wouldn't take it seriously, If Jesus or Moses holds a shoe  for an Ad. Good.

But I'm a Hindu and I can vouch on behalf Of Hindus that if a Hindu holds a shoe for an Ad will treat as a blasphemy.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.