Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I feel that any religious symbol, deity should not be used for commercial purposes or advertising. The problem with Hindu religion is that there are very large number of deities and Hindus themselves consciously or subconsciously make their use in one wy or the other. When you begin anything, you say let us 'shree ganesh'.  You describe a fool as 'gobar ganesh'.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Reaction is according to the character of a person. Jesus, through his miserable life on the earth taught his followers to forgive the sins of others. As Christians, it is our duty to give forgiveness to all those who sin against us. Recently somebody wrote an article and stated that Jesus had a wife and three children. It hurt the beliefs of Christians. But nobody even priests went to the court and registered a file against the author because Jesus taught us to forgive others.

rambabu wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

When we wear footwear, it gives full protection to our feet as well as the entire body from encountering objects which may hurt us like Lord Vishnu who protects his people from various problems that come in our way. Dhoni just gave a pose to an advertisement in a business magazine as Lord Vishnu holding several items including a shoe in his hand. Shoe is not a worst thing, it is the protector of human being. Then, why Hindu people think that he is denigrating their favorite god Vishnu.  

Shoe is the protector of human being ?Wonderful thing I heard for the first time. From onward, I will be holding a Shoe in my hand and will be protected.

Shoe protects. Glove also protects. Spectacles also protect. But put then at proper place. Shoe in foot, gloves in hands and spectacles on eyes. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree that in the recent years Christians have been peaceful although all religions are based on violence and intolerance including Christianity. When Da Vinci Code was released there were world wide protests and the book was banned etc .. Tolerance is being tolerant of others faith and belief and Hindus have probably taken far too much in the past, so have now become extra sensitive !

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/19/AR2006051901303.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Jincy Aby wrote:

I like your statement. I think that the Hindu people have too much of sentiments with their Gods. They cannot bear if someone hurt their religion and their Gods.

It is not right, followers of other religions are much more sentiments with their Gods. 

rambabu wrote:

I don't think what you said could be achieved in a tradition bound country like India. Religion, beliefs rituals are an integral part of this country and the people.

Every religion have some rituals and beliefs, why people don't say any thing about them. Hindus are most tolerant on this earth.                     

Jincy Aby wrote:

Reaction is according to the character of a person. Jesus, through his miserable life on the earth taught his followers to forgive the sins of others. As Christians, it is our duty to give forgiveness to all those who sin against us. Recently somebody wrote an article and stated that Jesus had a wife and three children. It hurt the beliefs of Christians. But nobody even priests went to the court and registered a file against the author because Jesus taught us to forgive others.

Of course forgiving and forgetting is the Best virtue. Had Dhoni endorsed the product in Vatican, he would have been forgiven. But  Dhoni endorsed the product in Hindusthan hurting the sentiments of Hindus, even though he is a Hindu. I consider it as a serious crime and he deserves punishment.

rambabu wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

Of course forgiving and forgetting is the Best virtue. Had Dhoni endorsed the product in Vatican, he would have been forgiven. But  Dhoni endorsed the product in Hindusthan hurting the sentiments of Hindus, even though he is a Hindu. I consider it as a serious crime and he deserves punishment.

The author of this article should be thanks to God that a Phtava was not issued for killing him.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

The author of this article should be thanks to God that a Phtava was not issued for killing him.

It's a pertinent point you raised. I agree with you.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.