For the first time since independence, when foreign troops  marched for Republic Day Parade. The French troops took part in counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency joint exercise called 'Shakti 2016.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/french-troops-take-part-in-republic-day-marching-practice-at-rajpath/article8120082.ece

French Army Contingent rehearsing for the Republic Day Parade at Rajpath in New Delhi on Monday. Photo: R. V. Moorthy

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Happy republic day to all the members of bodduan.com and for the people of India who love India. VANDE MATARAM 

bhuyali saroj

Same to you. A Happy Republic Day . Jaihind.

Haaving got the French President to attend is a feather in the cap of narendra Modi. Last year he had got Obama to be the chief guest. Modi deserves praise for raising Indian prestige. Such a thing never happened before.

Kudos to Narendra Modi. It's an example of Modi's farsightedness. The agreement between the French President Francois Hollande and Narendra Modi to curb Fast spreading Terrorism will go a long way. I was really thrilled seeing French troops participating in the Republic Day Parade.

The DD coverage of the parade from different angles made the parade look truly spectacular. Comparatively  the French troops looked marching in a very relaxed manner. The motor cycle feats are truly amazing. It was reportedly  the fifth French President attending our Republic Day parade. Wonder if previous PM's also were far sighted by this yardstick.

Let's wait and see whether it is farsightedness or shortsightedness of Modi. Time will judge. Right now the present move of joining hands with France to fight terrorism, which is engulfing the world with a terrific speed, it looks good. If it is otherwise Modi will disappear into oblivion.

Modi must also distinguish te wood from the trees. It should not be forgotton tHat in 1965 war with Pak, the French refused to supply ammunition to India for the Mystere fighter. As I have written earlier also lets not count the chickens before tHey are hatched.

We are way behind China which manufactures its own jets. 

Our country is far behind the China in manufacturing, but with make in India our government is trying to compete with and hope in coming days India will progress with a faster rate.

http://www.comparenshop.in

I agree. India has to acquire Self sufficiency in arms manufacturing. In this direction, the Government is doing required efforts. For a beginning, India will be purchasing Rafale  fighter jets from France. For acquiring self sufficiency in Arms making, it takes time. Did we not acquire self sufficiency in Space technology ? ISRO, earlier used to depend upon NASA and other leading Space technological giants. With Modi's " Make in India ", I don't see any reason why we cannot make our own Arms.

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

Our country is far behind the China in manufacturing, but with make in India our government is trying to compete with and hope in coming days India will progress with a faster rate.

modiji is trying every possibility to make our India look great and strong in economy. well i am very much impressed by his performance as a prime minister not only me the world is impressed. 

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.