50 countries took part .1500 representatives from different Countries including America, France, UK and China witnessed the grand spectacle.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/2016-international-fleet-review-in-pictures/article8202309.ece#im-image-0

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Ships from Indian Navy as well as front across the globe participated in International Fleet Review. The ships from Indian Coast Guard and Mercantile Marine were also participated in this event. It was held in Vishakapattanam and the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee reviewed the Indian Naval Fleet at IFR 2016. 

Yes. Visakhapatnam is the place where I live. I witnessed the entire spell binding Spectacle. Warships from the USA, Antitum,  Defender from  the UK Lijuhu Sanya from China, Darwin from Australia, P.R.O Ovens mtook part in the IFR, I felt a thrill watching representatives from Different countries marching and saluting the President Pranab Mukherjee.

Fleet reviews are a show of naval might. This was  a good time  to show case indian navy.

MG Singh wrote:

Fleet reviews are a show of naval might. This was  a good time  to show case indian navy.

P.M Modi said that India was a direct victim of Sea-borne Terrorism and piracy were two key challenges to maritime security of the Country It is highly essential a peaceful and stable maritime environment is critical for regional and Global security.

I did watch some of it since they were showing it live yesterday on TV . Unless navy is strengthened, we can never consider ourselves safe because most of the terror attacks have some connection or the other with the sea !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I watched the spectacle sitting in the Gallery provided for the Visitors.. as passes were issued in a limited  manner.. Oceans are the lifeline of Global Prosperity They present great economic opportunities to build Nations.

these are most important things to show other countries that how much powerful their own country is and that they are not less than any other country 

bhuyali saroj

These naval reviews are good and needed, but the real facts about the  navy like the other services is not happy. The Navy does not have capability to operate outside Indian coast. Compared to the great Navy's of the world like the USA and our rival China, we lag behind. 

The maintenance record of the navy is poor as over half a dozen ships and submarines have been lost in accidents and fires due to poor maintenance during last 2 years. The Indian public must be made aware of these facts

This is a new chapter in the Indian Naval History. Why China and other major Countries took part in the Naval exercises ? This itself is an evidence that Indian Navy has emerged as a new force to reckon with

I guess we need not go overboard like it happened when Modi and Sharief met and we all by now know what followed  after that and the ground realities now ! Just a naval exercise does not mean anything much unless it is taken further ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.