Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@ SHANA MARIA VERGHIS

I also think its easy to fall into the paranoia trap. If you imagine there are terrorists infesting every corner of the earth, and when I say, you, I don't mean YOU in particular, then I wish you all the best with your reality. The truth is in all last year, I believe the stats for terrorist attacks worldwide or something was 6000+. when the experts studied (this was on a CNN show so I don't have figures on me) the calamities and bad stuff that faced humans in 2015. Actual terrorist attacks could probably be counted on both your fingers and toes in terms of percentage. And for those who have fantasies of evil Muslim terrorists, the truth is that most of those attacks were by Muslims (or Islamic sympathisers, if that is a term) against Muslims. Not that is reassuring or anything. No one should have to die.

Its the paranoia that's spread by the threat of terrorism, that is the most effective weapon. It creates panic and kickstarts the fight or flight mechanism. Or so I've understood it, probably simplistically. But that's how I absorb information. There have been reports of terrorists disguised as refugees. But its a huge mass migration. YOu'll probably have lots of other types like smugglers, drugbarons, escaped convicts....

I went through your entire post. ..a couple of points !

1, Death from terrorist attack has increased almost 80% in 2014 with about 35,000 people killed in terrorist attack and this is not a small number by any count. ISIS has contributed largely , so also other Islamic terror organisations.We cannot overlook facts and say it is a paranoia trap laid by the west !

2, Secondly, mass exodus of refugees comes with its own problems because it also  creates problems for their own people where distribution is concerned ( this with regard to everything within the host country ).

3, According to statistics 67 countries are effected by the menace of terrorism, again something that cannot be overlooked !

4, India is in the epicenter of it with Pakistan , one of the most terror prone nations being its immediate neighbor, creating problems day in and day out.So, we can least afford to ignore the terror threat and unless we are prepared for counter attack, it may be too late  because terrorists have one agenda of spreading their base and they have no ethics or method while doing that !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

MG Singh wrote:

@ Kalyani, I am glad you raised the point on China. It has 30 divisions and 2000 front line aircraft massed in Tibet and Indians are  still talking of inane things like caste. Who is bothered about China. ? Not the politicians who have stacked up millions abroad in other banks.

Who is responsible for not  going all hog to make weaponry in India like China by reverse engineering? it's chilling that an American  Hersh wrote that the CIA had a cabinet minister on its payroll in the Indira cabinet.

Exactly my point MG Singh, on top of it we have to deal with corruption at all levels and in each and every aspect. Even the coffins meant for our brave soldiers were not spared from the ills of corruption. After 26/1, the lack of proper infrastructure and even the most basic of the weaponry and bulletproof jackets for Mumbai police was highlighted in the media. So many years have passed since and the police force in Mumbai has still not got anything that was promised to them. They are still fighting every minute of their life with no weapons, no morale, no security of their own life. and these politicians keep fighting about very irrelevant and unimportant issues, forgetting that we are being watched by others. China is already taking steps to weaken India's borders which never were any much strong.

I have no difficulty believing what Hersh said might be true, in fact today we might have a CIA mole . Remember how before every big decision Sonia is prone to visit some unknown foreign country for a 'hospital treatment'? NOt naming her but that mol;e might be well connected with the family!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.