Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

Mamata Banerjee for some reason is able to withstand any kind of criticism and bad press even when her party has gone wrong badly on many issues and in all probability she and her party might get elected once again. She is an extremely shrewd politician ...However, through this incident one can see how callous she is as a leader going by the statements she has given, completely absolving herself of all responsibilities. Can one blame these politicians when people are ready to forgive them and put them back in power , again and again !

Mamta is very shrewd. She has now come out with a bizarre statement that anybody who has lived in India for 5 years should be allowed to vote. She was targeting the 27% vote bank of Muslims in Bengal and the illegal migrants from Bangladesh who are her also her vote bank.

According to latest news police opened a case of culpable homicide against the company,IVRCL that had been building flyover. CM, Mamata Banerjee, whose Centre- left party is seeking re -election soon said, those responsible would not be spared and blamed the previous government that awarded the flyover contract in 2007.

Police detained seven employees of the company, interviewed Bosses at its Headquarters in Hyderabad and sealed its offices.

I feel that we have all tolerated corruption and lack of commitment towards public property and misuse of taxpayers money for so many decades now that it has become a habit for us. That is why, no one feels outraged or upset when such construction of flyovers, bridges, dams etc. get dragged on and on for years and years, some never get finished but are left half way, some are so much substandard in quality that we see what happens. It is time to pull up our socks and make the ones responsible for this incident pay for their greed. All the officials, contractors, builders related to this bridge must be severely punished. I wonder if we can get the 'award wapasi brigade' to agitate for action these people?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Good suggestion for a change.

Apparently Mamata Banerjee had given some contracts to the same IVCRL when she was a Railways minister in the central cabinet. Now she puts the blame on the previous government very conveniently for having given the contract to the firm.. With 26 lives lost and several mre in serious condition , politicians dont care and will go on with their politiking ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

It makes no sense to blame God for builder's fault. A bridge must be strong enough to work for about fifty years at least.  There is no doubt that either negligence or corruption or both  have caused the tragedy. I agree with Mamata Banerjee that previous govt. is responsible for the mishap. The bridge would have been constructed during previous govt's tenure. It is necessary to probe and take harsh measures and ensure that such mishaps don't recur. 

What is Mamata Banerjee doing for the last five years? She blames the previous government and they accuse her which is quite natural. They are all responsible.

Mamata Banerjee may be responsible or even guilty of many things but the current disaster is clearly attributable to previous govt, during whose rule the bridge was constructed. 

I believe even Mamata Banerjee government is partly responsible for this man made disaster, though Mamata Banerjee cannot be held directly but the concerned department must be held as guilty and a probe should take place for sure to avoid such happenings.

It is the public also who should raise their voice, 7 years of construction and was no person aware or didn't any news channel covered this???

I guess the media comes into this picture as well and if it did cover then it is now the people who should be more aware and be more responsive for any news coverage that comes across.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Facts are surfacing one by one now. The contract for building this flyover was given to a Blacklisted company by CPM in 2009 and Congress is in alliance with CPM for the upcoming Assembly elections in West Bengal. Five officials detained, Forensic team collects samples from the accident site. More bodies were recovered.

usha manohar wrote:

Apparently Mamata Banerjee had given some contracts to the same IVCRL when she was a Railways minister in the central cabinet. Now she puts the blame on the previous government very conveniently for having given the contract to the firm.. With 26 lives lost and several mre in serious condition , politicians dont care and will go on with their politiking ..

Mamata Banerjee has truly evolved as a hard-core politician from the initial simple, down-to-earth lady who thinks of the masses. It is so shameful the way she is now trying to save her own skin that too in such an obvious manner.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The truth of the matter is that all politicians ultimately end up as failures due to their inherent weaknesses. The idols of today become villains of tomorrow.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Mamata Banerjee has truly evolved as a hard-core politician from the initial simple, down-to-earth lady who thinks of the masses. It is so shameful the way she is now trying to save her own skin that too in such an obvious manner.

As expected where there is tragedy and an opportunity for a photo op there is Rahul Gandhi and sure enough he went and posed, probably delaying the rescue operations and causing inconvenience. The congress has now shifted its stand and supports CPI in Bengal in the coming election so he had his say against Mamata Banerjee...Honestly the kind of insensitivity these people have..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.