Since a few months Bihar is edging towards violence and lawlessness . According to statistics in January, already there were more than 500 murders reported within two months ( link given below)

Now things seem to have deteriorated further with the politicians and their kin taking law into their hands , in one recent instance killing a youngster for daring to overtake the vehicle of the MLC's son!!! Later it was the murder of several scribes and threat being issued too them. Since the Rationalists, Intellectuals and the Award wapsi gang has decided to remain silent thereby conveying that what is happening in Bihar is nothing out of the usual, I guess the center will have to take some much needed action if the trend continues..Nitish prefers to rremain silent since it is a question of pleasing the ally or else he may be dethroned ..

http://zeenews.india.com/news/bihar/sushasan-or-jungle-raj-578-murders-reported-in-bihar-in-just-two-months_1841127.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-3590781/Bloodsport-Bihar-Rape-minor-allegedly-village-head-s-son-killing-jawan-train-add-Bihar-s-growing-horror.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Violence is a way of life in both UP and Bihar sometimes less and sometimes more. Today due to polarised politics it is seen as a scoring point against each other by parties.I served in UP near to Bihar border in the mid seventies when polarisation like today was not there. I was amazed by the amount of violence I would see and hear about and local.people would not bother as they were obviously used to it. So it is not an index of jungle raj. These states are always under jungle raj irrespective of which party is in power.

Nitish returned to power in Patna on the promise of Good Governance. Though  Nitish agreed for the  CBI enquiry in to the murder of the journalist of Rajdeo Ranjan,, the family members of the journalist are alleging the involvement of don turned poitician and a prominent RJD leader. At this juncture, a free and fair probe is necessary in order to keep the promise of Nitish for a good governance.

vijay wrote:

Violence is a way of life in both UP and Bihar sometimes less and sometimes more. Today due to polarised politics it is seen as a scoring point against each other by parties.I served in UP near to Bihar border in the mid seventies when polarisation like today was not there. I was amazed by the amount of violence I would see and hear about and local.people would not bother as they were obviously used to it. So it is not an index of jungle raj. These states are always under jungle raj irrespective of which party is in power.

situation was improved in Bihar when Latish was CM without support of Lalu Parsad.

rambabu wrote:

Nitish returned to power in Patna on the promise of Good Governance. Though  Nitish agreed for the  CBI enquiry in to the murder of the journalist of Rajdeo Ranjan,, the family members of the journalist are alleging the involvement of don turned poitician and a prominent RJD leader. At this juncture, a free and fair probe is necessary in order to keep the promise of Nitish for a good governance.

Forgot goood governance in Bihar. Today I read that one RJD leader was shifted to another jail police gave him VIP treatment.

anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

situation was improved in Bihar when Latish was CM without support of Lalu Parsad.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

A spate of recent incidents say that Jungle Raj has come back to Bihar. First it was the murder of a journalist. After that, JD(U) MLC, manorama Devi's son, Rocky Yadav, allegedly shot dead an 18 year old for overtaking his car. Prior to this, the police failed to arrest Nawada MLA, Rajballaby Yadav. All these incidents, Nitish, who came to power with an assurance of Good governance, a perception of inaction. It's only after a fair and free CBI enquiry Nitish's good governance will be proved.

Don't forget Nitish party have less MLA than Lalu Parsad RJD.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

Don't forget Nitish party have less MLA than Lalu Parsad RJD.

Nitish has a record of good governance. Now there are no connection between Nitish and Lalu, the Dana Chor.

A spate of recent incidents say that Jungle Raj has come back to Bihar. First it was the murder of a journalist. After that, JD(U) MLC, manorama Devi's son, Rocky Yadav, allegedly shot dead an 18 year old for overtaking his car. Prior to this, the police failed to arrest Nawada MLA, Rajballaby Yadav. All these incidents, Nitish, who came to power with an assurance of Good governance, made the opposiyion make noise and demanded Nitish's resignation. The opposition parties alleged inaction on the part of Nitish. It's only after a fair and free CBI enquiry Nitish's good governance will be proved.

anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

That was when Nitish and his party was in alliance with BJP. That was probably the best period for BJP when a lot of growth happened after Lalu's family rule that led to probaby a worst phase in the history of Bihar . But now with Lalu back at the helm of affairs it is slowly going back to the same old days of Jungle Raj again. The irony is that a criminal minded person like Lalu is voted back to power by the people and he roams free and in control inspite of facing so many corruption charges against him. I guess like people getting like leaders !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sometimes I feel that a spell of martial Law may benefit Bihar. The state needs surgery and it's a pity that the masses voted in Lalu and his coterie. I wonder if the Indian voter is mature? It's food for thought.

MG Singh wrote:

Sometimes I feel that a spell of martial Law may benefit Bihar. The state needs surgery and it's a pity that the masses voted in Lalu and his coterie. I wonder if the Indian voter is mature? It's food for thought.

Nothing happen with martial law. Indeed education ratio in Bihar is much less than other states of India. They like Lalu's style politics. Machhi Khao, Tari Pio or Mast Raho.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.