What I write is with a heavy heart. I have read the letter the 3 service chiefs wrote to the Prime Minister voicing their dissatisfaction against curtailment of privileges by 7th pay commission and non-approval of OROP as defined by 2 parliaments and the Koshyari Commission. This  letter is unprecedently in nature and voices the dissatisfaction of the forces with Modi.

Can one think of a similar letter by a Chief in US Army to US president? This is because Modi has no comprehension of military power. Things cannot be done in half measures. The army is the "LAST" line of defence and with the country beset by violence and insurgency from Kashmir to NE India , the army is the ONLY unifying force. I request readers to ponder over this.The army has to be kept high on morale and cannot be taught patriotism.The privileges downgraded from the time of Nehru must be restored. I am afraid this topic will have limited interest as many do not know the intricacy of the armed forces. All the same the idea is to light a candle in this field. There is an article I have just finished on the subject today and may appear soon.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with you. Strengthening Army is as important as Swatch Bharat. If Swatch Bharat keeps the country  clean,  A strengthened Army keeps the Country safe and secure. In the background of a hostile country in our neighbor and the rapid spread of ISIS, it is highly essential to strengthen the Army. Modi should not compromise with this issue.

Thank you said by: MG Singh, Babu saroj

Strengthening the army and raising morale of the men in all three services should be the topmost priority of our government. I truly sincerely hope that Modi realises this and does all that is needed to do so!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This is disgusting. A former army Chief is in Union cabinet. He could advise his cabinet colleagues about needs and aspirations of armed forces. I am also surprised as to why the former army chief is not Defence minister.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Why can't the privileges of the defence forces be defined  once and for all. It is the Civil Service which is the culprit. They want control over everything as they feel they are the real rulers of the country and politicians are pilgrims

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

This is disgusting. A former army Chief is in Union cabinet. He could advise his cabinet colleagues about needs and aspirations of armed forces. I am also surprised as to why the former army chief is not Defence minister.  

A good suggestion sir. An Army man can understand better about the importance of Army in safeguarding the borders as well as giving its services during Natural calamities like cyclones and floods.

When he was in the Army he was fighting for getting one more years service and rest of time he was following the Tatra truck deals (what happened?). So wisely he has not been given defence. He also appears to be a person with a vindictive nature.

India needs an efficient Task Master as the Defense Minister. with a strong motive to lend all those aspects which contribute to security of the Nation. Nothing else.

There is absolutely no doubt that Armed forces are the backbone of our country and they should be looked after well, both while in service and after ..However, this issue is not a new one, has been there during the previous so many decades. From what I read and perceive talks are on and I guess both sides should take a step forward. What happens in the US is a different matter and it may or may not happen , however, even there the armed forces do have dissatisfaction and the general feeling is that they don't get enough for the service rendered like here !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is most disturbing,unfortunate and scandalous that members of the most distinguished service have to hit the roads,return their cherished medals earned and won through excellent service to the nation to press for their demands.It becomes all the poignant when we see that their civilan counterparts are showered with goodies for their questionable service or shall it be aptly dubbed as downright disservice! The simmering discontent among service personnel is a known fact but now it is threatened to be confrontational! Hope power that be realises sooner than later that putting out a fire is a much better option than playing with it!!!

Going by the happenings going on at the border, which became a regular feature, further emphasizes, how important is the role of Army to keep the country safe and secure. Latest news says, a fierce encounter is on between the Armed forces and the terrorists, at Baramulla sector. Two terrorists reportedly belonging to Hizbul  Mujahideen are holed up in the area and efforts are being made to smoke them out.. Undoubtedly Army's role is indispensable. Modii should realize at the earliest and act.

The slogan, " Jai Jawan Jai Kisan " should not be allowed to remain as a mere slogan. It should be kept alive.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.