Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Every Athlete is not entitled to enter Rio Olympics without achieving a qualifying Mark.om IOC.On the first day, Men's and Women's Hockey team won. There is no meaning in saying.'Run away from Ria.'

Women's hockey team has won? WE GO THERE FOR GAINING EXPERIENCE , Half of them are out rest will follow soon.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Women'Hockey was drawn. Men'Hockey today will be played against Germany. Olympics are not new to India. Remember Karnam Mallewari. She won a Bronze in Olympics. The reason for sending a bigger contingent, this year is to win more Medals.

Bigger contingent does not mean more medals. What is really needed is more focus on training and practice and not on needless politics and trying one-upmanship over each other, which is what often is seen in the Indian teams.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

rambabu wrote:

Every Athlete is not entitled to enter Rio Olympics without achieving a qualifying Mark.om IOC.On the first day, Men's and Women's Hockey team won. There is no meaning in saying.'Run away from Ria.'

If you look at the qualifying mark set for Indian Athletes by IOC you would feel kike you were reading a comic story. They chose something which was achieved by someone in past era or the one who stood last in the last game.

If standards are to be very high than only China and few other countries will qualify. Why are we so obssessed by medals. Participation is also important. It helps build an environment and happens over a period of time. Please do not be always pessimistic and ever accusatory.

I don't mind if people get satisfaction in "We also ran". look at countries like Vietnam and Kosovo or the list so far. Yes there should be competition  in every field of life or what is the use of a country of 1.3 billion going  there just for being mere spectators? We can always watch these games from our home on television. 

Our Structure of Federation is not appropriate. But things are improving. We do have lot of expectations from our players. But we have give our players credit for getting that QUOTA of entering into olympics and representing our country. 

Yes, we need medals for showing to the world our strength, because that( medal) is the final result for which they go for. From this contingent (119 Players) which we have sent, many of them are gone for the 1st time. So, that pressure is always there on the mind when they play there, as they are after all representing a big nation INDIA. 

I have notice one thing that when these players are representing many internationals event like ISSF world cup ( shooting) and other international sport, we don't see much of media attention. We only see them when they have won medals. 

But here in Olympics the story is different. Before going too many media interview and attention, expectation on them, we burden our players. When you take too much burden on yourself, it difficult to remain normal and there we are collapsing.

Just see Jitu Rai, our 10m pistol shooter, who has won in every international events from 2012, because our media didn't noticed him much. But when it came to Olympics where too much attention and expectation, i would rather say BURDEN was given to him and see what happened, he LOST.  He still has a chance in 25 m pistol and i am sure that he will fight back, as he is an Army men .

On the other hand, no one noticed Dipa Karmakar. She has entered into final of Gymnast finals ( Vault final). If she put more than 15 points and do vault successfully, she can win a medal too for us. We can hope for the best. But, i am sure she would definitely be sure that if she win medal for India, she would open gates for our Indian gymnast to make a living from it. And for that she will put everything she has. 

If no one has seen her, just look at her video. She is one of best we have in Gymnast. 

I would say that stop putting burden on our players, they will perform better. 

It is too early to say this, but i believe and i am strong believer that we would definitely see one day in future, our Nation INDIA, on top spot in Olympics.

Want to make each day Accountable

This Is the third THird day. There are still 12 days for the games to conclude. Nothing can be predicted until the last day.

rambabu wrote:

This Is the Third day of the Olympics. It seems our friends are worried  about Indian Players performance. Of course it's natural There are still 12 days for the games to conclude. Nothing can be predicted until the last day.

Any how, you can see instant news from

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/rajnath-singh-saarc-meet-india-pakistan-terrorism-nawaz-sharif-burhan-wani-terrorist-2954579/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.