In a recent event - a debate on Kashmir situation  organised by the Amnesty international  , in Bangalore anti India slogans were chanted and army was heavily criticised. ABVP and other organisations are protesting  asking for action against the organisation . Amnesty international has been organising these events in different cities and the next one is scheduled to be in Mumbai..

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/sedition-case-against-amnesty-india-as-debate-on-kashmir-turns-chaotic-1444504

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

What is Amnesty international complaining about? I think the fact that recently Modi government has come down heavily on all the NGOs with respect to foreign fundings is what has irked these guys to a large extent! All those who are chanting Anti India slogans need to be kicked out or thrown in the prison, but then we will have to pay for their upkeep from our pockets!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Amnesty International justifies its organizing of this event as a part of Campaign to seek justice for victims of Human Rights violation in Jammu and Kashmir  Shouting anti India Slogans in India, in no condition should be tolerated and in this connection, Filing a case against Amnesty International by the Karnataka police is justified.

Why should slogans against the country and army be raised by Indians in India.This cannot be tolerated and should be dealt with heavy hand. 

This issue of Jammu & Kashmir is very critical and can only be solve by talks & meeting. Discussion is only solution to such problems. There can be better way of protesting, but shouting against india, been in india cannot be tolerated.

Want to make each day Accountable

Amnesty International is a body fighting for human rights. It can't be said that amnesty International should make an exception in case of such violations in Kashmir.  May be some Kashmiri in the meeting would have raised some anti India slogans but this happens everywhere when Kashmiri are present.  The case against amnesty International does not appear genuine or proper.  As usual, there were RSS/ allied organizations like ABVP in this. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

First of all let us not look for scape goats just to save amnesty because RSS, ABVP etc etc came into the picture after the deed was done. Sedition is a serious charge...as far as Amnesty intntl is concerned, a couple of years ago when they came up with some very derogatory remarks about India we had discussed it here and as far as I recall all the members, were up in arms against it, so things haven't changed now. They still remain a group of self congratulatory body that makes noise normally about selective issues concerning Asian and other developing nations. Has anyone heard of them utter a word against the USA after scores if Indians were attacked? Even here in India they suddenly come out of their slumber when it is a issue that concerns the minorities. By the way,never heard them make any references so far regarding displaced Kashmiri pandits nor about so many other much more important issues..

In fact for those intersted there is a whole lot of reports about tbeir defective functioning on Wikipedia 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sedition Row intensifies, Spreads even to Delhi. ABVP demands arrest of Amnesty Chief. I fully agree with ABVP.

Amnesty is a Dubious organisation which is corrupt and getting money from hawala transactions. It is not even handed but anti India. It needs to be banned

Here is the latest news on the Amnesty international incident in Bangalore. We know a Sedition case was filed against it.by the Karnataka Police. But the members from its India Chapter say that its members did not shout anti India Slogans. But The BJP is firm on its stand and it wants nothing short of a full investigation on the incident.

Karnataka's Ruling Party, Congress says Videos related to the incident are under study and things are not clear at this point. Now what will Happen ? Will the Amnesty International escapes the net or not ? Let's  wait and see..

Our press and TV gives too much importance to Amnesty and such organizations. I wonder why Arnab of Times has to spend precious time discussing this act on TV. It gives unnecessary publicity. A news blackout at best a small prtagraph will be a big deterrent to such organizations

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.