Sakshi Malik, the first Indian Player to get a Medal in the recently held Rio Olympics, was honored by the Haryana Government. The Haryana Government has  announced Sakshi as the Brand Ambassador of the " Beti Bachao, Beti Badhao", initiative in the State.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report-sakshi-malik-announced-brand-ambassador-of-beti-bachao-beti-badhao-in-haryana-2248350

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Hope this helps in saving the girl child...long way to go...

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Definitely, 'Beti Bachao... will help in removing the old superstitions about Girl Child. Now, Sakshi herself proved this point .By  Winning a medal in wrestling, a men's domain Woman can compete with men in all spheres of life.

rambabu wrote:

Definitely, 'Beti Bachao... will help in removing the old superstitions about Girl Child. Now, Sakshi herself proved this point .By  Winning a medal in wrestling, a men's domain Woman can compete with men in all spheres of life.

Nothing improved with slogans. It is time that peoples of Haryana and country took oath that every family must have at least one girl, 

The campaign started. Now a Woman , that too an Olympic Medal winner who won in Wrestling will act as the Brand Ambassador and tour the entire Country to spread the message ,
Bet Bachao... " I think she will certainly bring about a change in the Society regarding Saving Girl Child.

rambabu wrote:

The campaign started. Now a Woman , that too an Olympic Medal winner who won in Wrestling will act as the Brand Ambassador and tour the entire Country to spread the message ,
Bet Bachao... " I think she will certainly bring about a change in the Society regarding Saving Girl Child.

I don't know about other part of country but North needs more efforts to save girls.

Years of education did not help now you expect a brand amassdor to do it. Height of optimism.

So we were waiting for a Sakshi Malik wins a Bronze medal that will help us save our daughters. What a great way of doing things. What was stopping them so far or how is she going to help save the daughters? Let's come out of slogan shouting mentality and do something practical. She would be better off concentrating on her sport and prepare for coming events. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Mentality has to change first and that can be changed only through the spread of education. When one is educated then only he/she would be able to understand and respect the message conveyed through any program or advertisement. An Olympian as brand ambassador sounds good but it will be effective or not is to be seen in the near future. 

shampasaid

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I don't know about other part of country but North needs more efforts to save girls.

Irrespective of North, South or East or west, the initiative taken by the Government, Beti Bachao is prevention of Gender biased sex selective elimination, ensuring survival and protection of the Girl Child, and education and ensuring and participation of the Girl Child. This programme helps a lot in achieving these objectives.

If people see something Fishy in such a noble initiative, none can help.

No doubt Haryana government is trying to change the attitude of the society and it may work in small measures. What  is prevalent for centuries cannot be set right by one young lady but they are doing the best they can .It is not easy to fight against deep rooted blind beliefs 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.