The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I do not understand reason of so much violence in  between Indian states over the water. See countries like America and Mexico can do it but it is so difficuly in India

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/4/27/us-mexico-water-pact-brings-life-back-to-colorado-rivers-parched-delta.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-20422899

That's precisely why we are called an under developed or developing nation, our minds are yet to develop. .

Usha thanks for the link about Senegal River Basin, I had bookmarked another one containing information about the project but could not find it.But the link you provided is equally good! It is really commendable that the African countries, despite the constant internal communal conflicts, a huge disparity in economical conditions, poverty, unemployment and so many other problems have managed to arrived at a common consensus where water is concerned. I am sure they have foreseen the importance of preserving precious water and have enough maturity to share it with others. This attitude alone will help them progress in the next few decades and unless, Indians do not wake up to this issue and show a more matured approach without considering regional boundaries, we will be left far behind than the African countries.

And we look down on Africans and African countries....They seem to have lot more sense than our leaders who have been napping all these years patting their backs and saying what a great nation we were and are ! Just heritage , traditions and Culture does not make a nation great ! We need to live in the present .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Usha wrote:

And we look down on Africans and African countries....They seem to have lot more sense than our leaders who have been napping all these years patting their backs and saying what a great nation we were and are ! Just heritage , traditions and Culture does not make a nation great ! We need to live in the present .

Very true!! All we do is dwell on the past and live only in the present, squandering what resources we have mindlessly and not looking forward in the future. The conscience-minded, fair people with true knowledge are ignored or humiliated and the ones with power and money are considered. That is why India, which could have become a superpower long ago is still lagging so much behind others. Take Japan, it is such a tiny country compared to ours and where it has now reached in  spite of being nearly wiped out in the nuclear holocaust.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani, there is a solution for everything if one has the will and the inclination to work out one. In Europe river Danube is shared by 9 countries without any  problem arising out of it. So why cant we do it within one country. It is mainly because of political manipulations and self interest that each time there is such a lot of drama,unrest,loss of property and life when the issue crops up.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51
usha manohar wrote:

Kalyani, there is a solution for everything if one has the will and the inclination to work out one. In Europe river Danube is shared by 9 countries without any  problem arising out of it. So why cant we do it within one country. It is mainly because of political manipulations and self interest that each time there is such a lot of drama,unrest,loss of property and life when the issue crops up.

I agree Usha, there is a solution to every problem provided there is a will to do so. What Indians lack is the will, also finding solutions or not, is more driven and motivated by vote banks and not by the motive of serving people in the right manner. Politics in India is mostly powerplay and the more the unrest and distrust amongst other parties or factions, the better. It is due to this reason, in spite of solutions being offered by many, none are taken.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree with both Kalyani and Usha. Politicians willingly and intentionally Keep the Issue alive. The reason without an iota of doubt is Vote Bank Politics. Now in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, sporadic incidents of violence are taking place.. Politicians leave no opportunity to stay in the Power and defame center for its inactivity. Though Yesterday was some what better. My daughter who lives in Bangalore is forced to stay in  her home. Schools remained closed.

According to the news report the proposed bandh in Tamilnadu was half hearted. But protests in Karnataka  still continue and unless a fair verdict is given by the Supreme court , one can expect a lot more trouble in the future because now more districts like South Kanara and Udipi , not joining the protest earlier have now decided to support the farmers and protesters ..

According to Latest news, Supreme Court doubles quantum of Cauvery water for TN.. The  Court decision  was a severe blow to Karnataka.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/release-6000-cusecs-till-september-27-sc-to-karnataka/article9128290.ece?homepage=true

The on going issue of Cauvery river water sharing has only become more complicated with the Supreme Court bent on not hearing or understanding the water problem faced by Karnataka 

Instead of posting links that are already there on the net write your own views if you have any , which I doubt very much..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.