Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Any measure that benefits the government is  people friendly as well, bound to benefit the citizens too. All states will come under the same tax slab which will be the greatest advantage with GST , as of now the difference is far too much ..

main qimg bdaa07897341bfc8f9e1b706c461bf03

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

The main benefit of GST is that multiplicity of taxes and control ends. All procedure being on line, personal contact with tax department is minimized and so corruption also reduced. But the price level depends on international conditions, local economy state and tax rate etc.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I guess in a global economy where export and imports from other nations is very much a part, the international atmosphere would a factor that determines the prices like it keeps fluctuating with oil products. But that would be the same for all states . As of now I see in Karnataka we pay around Rs67-68 per liter of petrol whereas in Goa it is around Rs57-58 ..This large discrepency would be put to an end effectively .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Oil is out of the GST so GST will not make any difference on oil prices.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

States will find ways to tax above GST also. Wait and watch. 

People are paying more indirectly than they are paying directly. In UP government charges a hefty some from electric consumers even if they do not use a single unit for years. They charge large amount in the name of load charges and different taxes. I paid close to 10,000 Rs in advance to avoid disconnection when I was not here in India. I will have to do it again come December during my next outing.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It's different in AP. After Bifurcation of the State there will be a big  loss of Revenue in the State. The main  advantage of GST, there will be  Growth of Electronics manufacturing Sector. Despite all this, AP will welcome the GST in the interest of the Nation

suni51 wrote:

People are paying more indirectly than they are paying directly. In UP government charges a hefty some from electric consumers even if they do not use a single unit for years. They charge large amount in the name of load charges and different taxes. I paid close to 10,000 Rs in advance to avoid disconnection when I was not here in India. I will have to do it again come December during my next outing.  

This is the norm in all states. Here in Karnataka too you need to pay the minimum amount if you have a electric meter regardless of the fact  whether you use it or not. You also have the option of requesting them to temporarily disconnect the connection if you go away for a few months and later ask them to reconnect, in which case you need not pay anything.

suni51 wrote:

Members please wake up- you are looking at just one face of the coin but the fact is the service tax will go up (the rate is unknown yet) which is applicable on most items. The over all result will benefit the governments but the people in general will have to pay more on most items.

Yes it is right that for one or two years people will pay some more but there after overall price will be come down. At present taxes on petrol and diseal is less in Punjab and Haryana, so people of my city like to buy there from these states. Resultant government in loosing taxes and it also encourage smugling. It is example.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.