This,is a great initiative by the Central govt that would make air travel much more affordable and well within the reach of common man. The plan is to cap the fare at rs 2500 per hour. When we compare it to the other airlines that charge anywhere between rs 5000 and 12000 depending on the traffic ..

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Government-launches-UDAN-for-regional-air-connectivity/articleshow/54977100.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Budget Regional flying by the Government by connecting small towns is a great move. These are the first Regional flights to take off during the month of January next. Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik, UDAN is another feather in Modi's Government's Cap. I wish all success to UDAN

Surely a great initiative by the Government. Moreover, after reading the article I found that it is a well thought out and planned initiative that keeps in mind the affordability of passengers as well the concerns of profitability of airline. Moreover connecting small towns is a great step. Just waiting for it to come in action by next year. Really a great initiative in favor of Aam Admi.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

It is another example of Modi's Ambitious plans to take the Country ahead. Air travel was once the prerogative of rich. Now  with UDAN, a Common man's dream of traveling by Air  has become a reality. Hats off to this Great leader

Wow super news...ths is will definitely make air travel more accessible to the common man...also it vl make travelling with kids so much more easier (with reduced travel time which is also budget friendly)

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Under the UDAN scheme, 16 under served airports, 15 to 20 air ports which are ready, but don't get regular flights will be ready to receive regional flights from January next. A laudable step indeed.

Rambabu plz don't repeat yourself simply to get points..

Here , 50% of the seats will be as per the price discussed and the rest will be as per the rates being followed by other airlines. So, one has to book early to get the advantage of discounted seats. They are also planning to open up all the little used or some unused airports and connect them to the nearest busy airport thereby increasing connectivity, which is an excellent scheme..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is indeed a good news for people like me who love to travel and enjoy holidaying. Many of my vacation wishes were curbed due to time constraint or budget constraint due to high priced airline tickets. Now it will benefit both ways- saving time and saving money. I just have to plan ahead. Moreover, more connectivity to smaller towns opes for options to travel. Really waiting for it to come in action. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Fares became cheaper now . Because Regional Connectivity Scheme will be funded by levying a fee on aircraft landing at bigger Airports. Even though I am not new to Air traveling, I want to  avail it. I will avail once again.

This is a commendable scheme and government must be given credit for it.

MG Singh wrote:

This is a commendable scheme and government must be given credit for it.

Definitely. The Government led by Modi thinks about Common man,his desires and dreams. Air travel was once  a prerogative for rich. Now a common man can think of Air traveling with the ambitious scheme UDAN.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.