The much awaited results that the world has been watching for are out, it is now open and clear, Donald Trump won 276 votes when only 270 are needed to win the presidential elections. I feel that although he is a pompous person who believes in trumpeting his own deeds, he is still better than Hillary Clinton who is quite pro-Pakistan and similar issues of Islamic terrorism.

https://www.google.co.in/search?site=&source=hp&q=america+election+live&oq=america+&gs_l=hp.1.0.35i39k1j0i131k1j0i131i10k1j0i131k1l2j0l2j0i131k1j0l2.3226.4216.0.6470.9.9.0.0.0.0.308.1301.0j2j3j1.6.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..3.5.1147.0..0i3k1j0i10k1.gf_1ohhmFaw

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It surprised me. Till the last moment Trump and Hillary were neck to neck. Despite Indian Americans support and Obama, Hillary lost.   I heard Trump is anti Indian. now , I have to see what are the reactions of my daughter living in US.

Thank you said by: Swetha Shenoy

I really dont know who is better because both Trump and Hilary have many drawbacks and Trump has shown that he has no ethics nor any regard or respect for women. It does matter to those living there. His policies on Immigration may have many negative impact to India although he has said that he favors Indians...we will have to wait and watch, that's what I and my son have been discussing since he is understandably anxious about the future course if events..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Swetha Shenoy

This was a remarkable election in America. America was in scarcity of a good candidate for the race. On a lighter note voters in America went through a similar situation like voters in UP. Whom to choose? Who is better __ Mayawati or Mulayam.?? Now they understand the tough choice that we Indians have to make in all elections

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

usha manohar wrote:

I really dont know who is better because both Trump and Hilary have many drawbacks and Trump has shown that he has no ethics nor any regard or respect for women. It does matter to those living there. His policies on Immigration may have many negative impact to India although he has said that he favors Indians...we will have to wait and watch, that's what I and my son have been discussing since he is understandably anxious about the future course if events..

Exactly that's what I am afraid of Donald Trump's Policies on Immigrants especially Indian immigrants. Though he says, " Now we are all Americans," in the long run how it acts on immigrant Indians has to be seen.

Vast majority of Indian immigrants are now US citizens. Why are you worried about them? Trump himself is from an German  immigrant family.

vijay wrote:

Vast majority of Indian immigrants are now US citizens. Why are you worried about them? Trump himself is from an German  immigrant family.

Just it is a parental anxiety. Of course my daughter is a Green card holder. I don't think anything would happen. It has to be seen how long Trump's today's promises will remain. after all Trump is a politician.

Green card holders inAnerica are still immigrants not citizens , so it all depends on what policies Trump would adopt regarding a large number of immigrants living in the US 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am sure the following would happen

1. Markets going to crash badly 

2. I am sure the Muslims and Arab nationals will be targetted first to flee USA

3. Mexicans would be next 

4. Indians will have to face stringent policy rules- their jobs may be taken away by the Americans! 

I can say these points due to my observance over the past few months! 

Swetha Shenoy
Arunima Singh wrote:

This was a remarkable election in America. America was in scarcity of a good candidate for the race. On a lighter note voters in America went through a similar situation like voters in UP. Whom to choose? Who is better __ Mayawati or Mulayam.?? Now they understand the tough choice that we Indians have to make in all elections

True...it was simply the choice of lesser of the two evils.... hence Trump majored! Hillary's email scam, corruption, the antics Anthony Weiner, the husband of her right hand Huma, her alleged links to corrupt money etc. all led to her downfall. Trump, on the other hand, in spite of his scandalous remarks with respect to women, still happens to be a smooth talking businessman who can create jobs. At the end of it all, the Americans today are confronted by the same issues that we are, unemployment, crime, increased threats of Islamic terrorism, and Trump has promised to address them. Clinton, on the other hand, does not show ny desire to address them, especially the issues of terrorism. It may seem that she favors Indians, but it is equally true that neither she nor her husband showed any inclinations nor made any efforts to do anything for Indians while her husband was the president.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
usha manohar wrote:

Green card holders inAnerica are still immigrants not citizens , so it all depends on what policies Trump would adopt regarding a large number of immigrants living in the US 

I am not aware of these subtleties about Green card holders and immigrants. That is why I am anxious to get an information from my daughter living in the US.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.