Supreme Court today made it mandatory to play the national anthem and display the national flag before the movie in theatres. So does this make us more Indian? Does is not any better cases to take care? 

http://www.oneindia.com/india/national-anthem-compulsory-in-movie-theatres-rules-supreme-court-2277029.html

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A good decision taken by the Supreme Court.  Playing National Anthem in the Movie Theaters is mandatory we are all Indians and it is our duty to respect the National flag.

Being an Indian we should respect our national anthem and flag. But I fail to understand the logic of playing National anthem and displaying national flag in theatre. Most importantly, who is going to ensure that theatre goer are standing in full attention or singing with respect? However the decision taken by the supreme court not to commercialized the national anthem is a wise decision

jabeen wrote:

Being an Indian we should respect our national anthem and flag. But I fail to understand the logic of playing National anthem and displaying national flag in theatre. Most importantly, who is going to ensure that theatre goer are standing in full attention or singing with respect? However the decision taken by the supreme court not to commercialized the national anthem is a wise decision

exactly what i feel. Jst by playing the national anthem, nothing changes, to ensure its respected in important. Also theatre is not a place where we can expect people to show respect to national anthem. All kinds of movies are shown in theatres... what respect is singing the national anthem before a Bgrade or Cgrade movie bringing.

I feel public gathering, schools, colleges etc would be the best place for that. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

This practice of playing the national anthem at the end of the movies was always there when I was growing up and nobody objected to it so why do so  now? It definitely makes you think of nation rather than only about yourself at least for that short period of time... 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

This practice of playing the national anthem at the end of the movies was always there when I was growing up and nobody objected to it so why do so  now? It definitely makes you think of nation rather than only about yourself at least for that short period of time... 

If the people in the theatre had shown the respect that is due, then there should not be any problem. But from what I ve experienced in theatres in few parts of India, I ve a serious doubts about the respect that the National anthem is going to get in the theater. 

Personally I feel that the National anthem should be shown full respect, with people standing in attention and with pride in heart singing it.

It is totally uncalled for to have to play national anthem before every movie show. Wonder what is the logic. Why should there be imposition of patriotism on citizens. Those who do not go to movies are they less patriotic.

Why do we have a national anthem at all? Is it to be locked away ? Many people don't attend public functions either nor do they attend schools or colleges ..if it is alright to sing the anthem at schools and public functions I don't see why it shd not be played in theaters which attracts a larger crowd than any of these..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Even I don't see any logic behind playing national anthem during a movie. Patriotism is a way of life and you imbibe it through living a life of morality, ethics and values, abide by the laws of the land and do your nation proud by your every single act. It can't be pushed down the throat.

I have seen people being disrespectful to the national anthem at many occasions.  I am scared that it might happen again when it is played in a movie theater. 

National anthem in school also makes no sense. I find children taking it as a punishment to stand still. Some also end up making mockery of it. They can be taught to be responsible citizens when they grow up.

I feel that anthem should be only for few special occasions, when we hoist our flag, on occasions of national pride, on a martyr's farewell... representing country in special international events. This maintains the decorum. It suits the occasion and avoids the abuse.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Pseudo nationalists doubt the patriotism of everyone but themselves. Thus they want it to be forcibly done. A member has reacted by asking why have a national anthem at all. Patriotism comes from within and cannot be imposed from outside. The national anthem should be sung on special occasions. Watching a movie is not a special occasion.

I strongly support the decision of SC to not commercialize the anthem. I remember how it was used in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam for creating an emotional melodrama. And to my shock, nobody stood up in the theater when it was shown, the anthem sang by a British Indian child with all effort to justify his Indianness and to impress his mom. I remember people enjoying the Brit diction and no body stood to show respect

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.