Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Wanted to share a touching incident. We went to watch  "Secret Superstar" with family. Two rows ahead of us were 8_10 deaf and dumb people with a lady who knew sign language. The lady translated everything in sign language for them. When it was time for National anthem, they all stood up and the lady translated the anthem in sign language to them. It was a great proud feeling to see them. What I felt was too overwhelming and can't be expressed in words.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: suni51, Kalyani Nandurkar

No it doesn't make me more Indian but fills my heart with pride. I feel a different sensation whenever I hear National Anthem, be it in a playground or a cinema hall.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

No it doesn't make me more Indian but fills my heart with pride. I feel a different sensation whenever I hear National Anthem, be it in a playground or a cinema hall.

Your statement evokes the very similar kind of sentiment of mine. Though I am not in favour of national anthem in cinema halls, if played I will never feel disheartened rather would nurture the feeling of a proud Indian.   

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, suni51

Nowadays it makes me a more careful Indian.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Your statement evokes the very similar kind of sentiment of mine. Though I am not in favour of national anthem in cinema halls, if played I will never feel disheartened rather would nurture the feeling of a proud Indian.   

If all Indians feel the same way , it sure is good for integration and unity. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

National anthem should be restricted to very few official occasions. Only on Republic day/ independence day, its wider use may be allowed. Otherwise it will be difficult to maintain decorum and prestige of the anthem.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I believe that the national anthem should not be played at every place such as cinema halls and so on but by saying so I once again want to write that if as a rule it is played  then it should be honoured. Love for the anthem would not diminish if one deeply loves his/her nation.   

shampasaid

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Respecting anthem is legal duty. even a traitor will respect the national anthem as he is bound by law. This has nothing to do with patriotism.  Singing national anthem is just a formality and nothing more. There are many who proclaim that the national anthem was composed in praise of British monarch George Vth and they do not actually respect the anthem. Many of them are self styled nationalist. Better not to name them. . 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Respecting anthem is legal duty. even a traitor will respect the national anthem as he is bound by law. This has nothing to do with patriotism.  Singing national anthem is just a formality and nothing more. There are many who proclaim that the national anthem was composed in praise of British monarch George Vth and they do not actually respect the anthem. Many of them are self styled nationalist. Better not to name them.

Those who claim that Tagore wrote it in praise of British Monarch must read the background why the poet wrote this song. It is basically a wrong concept and defaming the Noble Laureate.  

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, Arunima Singh

Here is some information regarding the National Anthem and how it was perceived soon after India became independent..

Jana Gana Mana” was formally adopted as India’s national anthem in 1950.

India’s first President, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, made the following statement in Constituent Assembly on 24th January:

“There is one matter which has been pending for discussion, namely the question of the National Anthem. At one time it was thought that the matter might be brought up before the House and a decision taken by the House by way of a resolution. But it has been felt that, instead of taking a formal decision by means of a resolution, it is better if I make a statement with regard to the National Anthem. Accordingly, I make this statement.

The composition consisting of the words and music known as Jana Gana Mana is the National Anthem of India, subject to such alterations in the words as the Government may authorise as occasion arises; and the song Vande Mataram, which has played a historic part in the struggle for Indian freedom, shall be honoured equally with Jana Gana Mana and shall have equal status with it. (Applause). I hope this will satisfy the Members.”

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya, Arunima Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.