There is no doubt that Jayalalitha was a powerful leader not just within her state but at the national level too. She brought down the Vajpayee govt earlier by a single seat and remained a formidable leader who was looked up by all. Now with her demise there are bound to be changes in the political structure within Tamilnadu and probably at the center as well...please share your views!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

i dont have enough knowledge in the matter to comment on the equation with the center... but definitely there will be changes in the structure in TN. As i see it

1. The party may be headed for split with Sasikala and OPS leading a segment each

2. Sasikala or one of her relatives will become the face of AIADMK.. but how far the party will progress of win election needs to be seen. People blinded believed Amma,, so if sasikala comes she may be able to cash in on those sentiments. She also has a lot of time in hand since the next election is due only in 2019

3. Another possibility i see is some fraction of the MLA's moving to the opposition party with Stalin .. Sasikala Pushpa in particular. In that case AIADKM could loose their majority along with the power

Evrything said and done. AIADMK can not and will not be same without JJ. She was the party and the party was her.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

I too feel that without Jayalalitha the party may find it difficult to carry on as before. Even her own personal legacy leaves a question mark since according to what I read she has not made a will.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Moments after the demise of Jayalaliyhaa change of guard happened in Chennai with Pannerselvam being sworn in as the next chief minister. In the absence of a dominant and a powerful Leader like Jayalalithaa who was able to keep the casteism from undermining the cohesiveness of the Party There is hardly any leader in the Party who can match her personality. It will be difficult if the ruling Party remains united without wavering. Now. How the new CM Panneerselvam, how he is going to perform and how his Party Leaders accept him has to be seen on future.

Definitely it is the loss of a great leader and a very popular one. I also agree with Divya that party might split ..Sasikala being a close aid to Amma might get herself fit into the popularity among Jayalalitha's followers. 

I also have a feeling that it might be an opportunity for national parties also to penetrate into TN and open their account. They might benefit with the unclear picture and lack of strong leader

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Parties have survived after strong leaders like Congress after Indira or BJP after Vajpayee sob AIADMK can be expected ton outlive Amma. However time and power greed of key AIADMK  will decide.

There is no doubt that the political atmosphere in Tamil Nadu is going to change, as good or bad, Jayalalitha had a very strong personality which no one could ignore. Right now her party does not have anyone who could fill in her shoes. Being her close friend even if Sashikala take her place, it would be difficult for her to fill the gap left by Jayalalitha

Personally speaking, I admire Jayalalitha the person more than Jayalalitha the politician and the CM of  a state because she ruled with a iron hand and was very much an autocratic leader going by all reports. I give below a link that shows how she kept all her subordinates on a leash.

Without her influence , the present CM Pannerselvam might grow to become more confident and may become a more Democratic leader.

http://m.hindustantimes.com/india/tamil-nadu-where-the-cm-won-t-speak-and-officials-can-t-be-quoted/story-lZ3kuCxPI6Limg3a5tsUQN.html

Divya wrote:

i dont have enough knowledge in the matter to comment on the equation with the center... but definitely there will be changes in the structure in TN. As i see it

1. The party may be headed for split with Sasikala and OPS leading a segment each

2. Sasikala or one of her relatives will become the face of AIADMK.. but how far the party will progress of win election needs to be seen. People blinded believed Amma,, so if sasikala comes she may be able to cash in on those sentiments. She also has a lot of time in hand since the next election is due only in 2019

3. Another possibility i see is some fraction of the MLA's moving to the opposition party with Stalin .. Sasikala Pushpa in particular. In that case AIADKM could loose their majority along with the power

Evrything said and done. AIADMK can not and will not be same without JJ. She was the party and the party was her.

Sasikala is not smart like Jaya lalita. it is looking hard that she will keep party intact.

anil wrote:
Divya wrote:

Sasikala is not smart like Jaya lalita. it is looking hard that she will keep party intact.

Shashikala may be smarter and much more manipulative than one expects if the reports are to be believed. According to Tehelka she probably was slow poisoning Jayalalitha and also got all the MLAs to sign on black paper a few hours before Jayalalitha breathed her last. She is also very much in possession of Jayalalithas expensive house and property..

Jayalalitha's death is certainly going to change the political equations in TN, no doubt about it. Paneerselvam was a close confidante of Jayalalitha and has seen closely how she worked and I doubt if he will have much difficulty completing the term as a CM. However, keeping the party intact will be the greatest challenge before him as there are going to conflicts between his and Sasikala supporters. BJP has already moved in, Narendra Modi had already extended his hand in friendship to Jayalalitha and his personal presence to pay tributes to her within hours of her demise is a sure sign that BJP is going to try and enter the state.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.