Heavy rains and strong winds are lashing the coast  of Tamil Nadu .And the neighboring AP  is put on high alert. Cyclone Varda is likely to hit land with wind speeds of around 130 Km per hour.

http://www.ndtv.com/video/news/news/cyclone-vardah-makes-landfall-near-chennai-brings-heavy-rain-442113

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

yes Chennai is on high alert and airport being closed and flights being cancelled

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

yes Chennai is on high alert and airport being closed and flights being cancelled

Chennai is trembling/ I am in AP. Initially AP Government too issued warnings to the people to be careful. But luckily the Cylone chabged its route. But many of my relations are living in Chennai and the neighboring Chittor districts. We were just enquiring about their welfare.

This seems to have become an yearly affair. The effect is felt in Karnataka too . 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Just now, I contacted my daughter who lives in Bangalore. She said, nothing unusual except some  speedy wind and overcast sky. We too felt in AP. But in Chottore district and even in Tirupati power supply was disrupted.

nobody can stop this natural disasters, I hope no such deep effects will occur.

sdfafa

Yes Chennai had a terrible time in the last 10 hrs. But stabilized now. Rain and storm have subsided. There is bound to be destruction on a big scale... Because the intensity of the winds was more than imaginable. The badminton court near my house collapsed, in some coastal areas vehicles got turned upside down. There is no power since morning. 

But it was expected and precautions were taken so I'm hoping that there vl be very limited number of casualties.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Babu saroj wrote:

Its true that one cannot stop the natural disasters from taking place. But its high time to think why natural disasters are taking place so frequently nowadays. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climatic Change has already predicted that the situation will only worsen, with asian countries affecting the most. Its time to think whether these natural disasters are the outcomes of the reckless activities of human beings. Also what must be done to reduce the impacts?

jabeen wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

Its true that one cannot stop the natural disasters from taking place. But its high time to think why natural disasters are taking place so frequently nowadays. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climatic Change has already predicted that the situation will only worsen, with asian countries affecting the most. Its time to think whether these natural disasters are the outcomes of the reckless activities of human beings. Also what must be done to reduce the impacts?

Most of the Natural disasters are man made. They take the things for granted. Mankind frequently created catastrophes that devastate the environment and taken lives. Now, in the case of Chennai cyclone, it is high time for the environmental experts to find out, the reason behind Chennai Cyclone. 

Now, in the case of Chennai cyclone, it is high time for the environmental experts to find out, the reason behind Chennai Cyclone. 

What a funny question ? I am sure the environmental experts know why a cyclone happens and if one takes the trouble to read up the net there is enough information given and it could save us all from such brainless, point grabbing posts ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Now, in the case of Chennai cyclone, it is high time for the environmental experts to find out, the reason behind Chennai Cyclone. 

What a funny question ? I am sure the environmental experts know why a cyclone happens and if one takes the trouble to read up the net there is enough information given and it could save us all from such brainless, point grabbing posts ..

I know the reasons behind Chennai Cyclone. Earlier it happened some 30 years ago. Did the people of Chennai and the Authorities realized their mistakes and learned lessons ? Still same conditions prevailing. Same jammed drains. Same knee deep waters.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.