Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I for one would not like to compare any of them. Each of them have produced some good works which people still enjoy. To the credit of AR Rehman, people even now enjoy the musics from Roja and Bombay. And as for the other music composers mentioned nobody can doubt their talents. The melodious tunes they have produced are popular even now.

I agree that music of Roja, Bombay and a few other songs is very good and memorable even today. But what I feel is that the score he earned oscar for for The Slumdog Millionaire cannot even be called as good music. It is too crashy, heavy and the lyrics cannot be even heard. The film was hyped at the Oscars for all the wrong reasons, that is precisely around the time when slum tourism started and people paid money to come and gawp at slums in India. One wonders exactly why Rehman got an Oscar for such loud 'music' when he has some definitely better songs to his credit. That is all I feel about it. Winning an Oscar is a different thing but really deserving it, for that matter, any other award, is a different thing/

I totally agree with that, while there is no doubt about Rahman's talent as probably one of the best composers at present, his composition for Slum dog millionaire was mediocre and heavily borrowed. The song Jai Ho is an exact copy of Money money money , a popular song of ABBA...it also shows the decline of Oscar standards which is no fault of theirs,since they have to select from those that have entered the race 

Well, for one thing they could not have given any awards in that category at all, but giving it to a music which was copied from other famous song is actually demeaning the awards. And regarding copying of music, Rehman has been involved previously too for sourcing his music from other composers. So even though he might be talented, calling him a great composer does not do justice to others.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

sometime I think why only A.R.Rahman from India comes to the race of Oscar why not other musician who are equally talented as Rahman is. Is there anything which is stopping them from going into the race of Oscar.

sdfafa

Babu saroj wrote:

sometime I think why only A.R.Rahman from India comes to the race of Oscar why not other musician who are equally talented as Rahman is. Is there anything which is stopping them from going into the race of Oscar.

Music lover of India is important for other musician that Oscar.

Babu saroj wrote:

Thete is plenty of politics involved in the Oscar selection process like we have here ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

Thete is plenty of politics involved in the Oscar selection process like we have here ..

What in this also politics bad games are running I thought that for this prestigious award no politics are involved thanks ma'am for letting me know this.

sdfafa

Where and which activity does not involve politics. It is everywhere.

With all said and done, A,R, Rahman remains as my favorite Composer.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.