Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

That the artist can dare to express as he has shows the existence of freedom of expression. whether one likes it or not is also freedom of choice of expressing a reaction. Why are you so worked up is not clear. Relation with god is personal and one can express disgust based on certain feelings, experiences. Do you have the sole ownership rights on the gods. Why do you expect others to behave as you think. Someone has expressed his feelings which are disgusting and has exposed himself. Period.

vijay wrote:

That the artist can dare to express as he has shows the existence of freedom of expression. whether one likes it or not is also freedom of choice of expressing a reaction. Why are you so worked up is not clear. Relation with god is personal and one can express disgust based on certain feelings, experiences. Do you have the sole ownership rights on the gods. Why do you expect others to behave as you think. Someone has expressed his feelings which are disgusting and has exposed himself. Period.

Because:

1. India is a hindu majority country, though religion is just a faith most the people follow it religiously. If someone talks about our family we dont sit and express disgust we retaliate in a manner possible. Its the same in this case where the family in question is our faith and sentiments. I am not a religious person and i still feel the need to hit that person left and right across his face. So i can just imagine how other pious people would feel

2.In the name of freedome, no one should be allowed to play with the sentiments of the masses

3. If we do not react today, God knows how things will go in future.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Divya wrote:
vijay wrote:

Because:

1. India is a hindu majority country, though religion is just a faith most the people follow it religiously. If someone talks about our family we dont sit and express disgust we retaliate in a manner possible. Its the same in this case where the family in question is our faith and sentiments. I am not a religious person and i still feel the need to hit that person left and right across his face. So i can just imagine how other pious people would feel

2.In the name of freedome, no one should be allowed to play with the sentiments of the masses

Freedom of expression is a right in a Democratic Country. But, it should be known, along with the rights there are duties and responsibilities too. Mostly, people talk about their Rights only, coolly ignoring duties.

Additionally, I am of the opinion " Respect and be Respected "

It is the only that works.

Divya wrote:
vijay wrote:

Because:

These are simple things that simple folks like you and me understand but the so-called intellectuals don't, that is the biggest problem in our country today!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

It is a systematic attempt to divide the Indian society on caste basis and communal basis that is carried out by the Left parties and their supporters. It has gained momentum now with Modi in power because of obvious reasons and this argument about freedom of expression is  just hogwash because there is no complete freedom for responsible citizens but for those who are anti national and have an agenda of dividing the nation anything goes !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

So called simple people are not so simple as they claim or think. Self appointed care takers create unnecessary reactions which create more divisions. So called simple people think their view is the ONLY view, rest should keep mum. In this case an artist has done a painting according to his perceptions. If you do not like it ignore it. After all your views also are distasteful to many. 

If this artist think that he is great artist paint painting of Pagamber like these, Life of this shameless person will be hail.

vijay wrote:

So called simple people are not so simple as they claim or think. Self appointed care takers create unnecessary reactions which create more divisions. So called simple people think their view is the ONLY view, rest should keep mum. In this case an artist has done a painting according to his perceptions. If you do not like it ignore it. After all your views also are distasteful to many. 

There are some people who are selfish enough to ignore anything and everything that happens around them. But it is wrong to expect everyone to be like that. When something is wrong people are expected to respond and not ignore. It is just that the way they respond differs from person to person. Ignorance is bliss not for everything.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

It is only when simple people respond to obviously glaring and disgusting events such as these, the 'intellectuals' expect them to keep mum about it and ignore those things in the name of freedom of expression, rights etc. and similar hogwash. Our views may seem distasteful to guys like you because obviously you are the ones who will go to any extent to lick the boots and $%%es of such people just to please them and to appear like progressive modernists. In reality, you guys are the ones who are bringing our country down in a shameful manner and expect people like us to grant free access to your way of thinking. I am sorry, but as long as distasteful people like us are around, we will not let that happen! We will kick asses of such idiots every time they reveal their idiocy!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Your choice of words clearly indicates you are anything but simple. Your self created agenda has led you to believe in perceptions which are simply disgusting. But it is your choice and I do not have any conflict with that. Why you are against intellectuals is not clear. Everyone who thinks is an intellectual. Even you think and write so you are also an intellectual. It is a different matter that your thinking is of a datum level. When you trash someone you are actually trashing yourself. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.