Not trying to create any kind of controversy or start one, but this article by Tarek Fateh with respect to Saif and Kareena naming their son Taimur, is worth reading and thinking about. My request to all is that please read properly before posting comments.

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/taimur-is-to-india-what-hitler-is-to-israel-saif-and-kareena-please-pay-attention-3169926.html

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The differences will disappear the day know the importance of their motherland otherwise Taimur or Langur makes no difference for them.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes. I read this article when it came. I liked it and totally agree with Fateh's view point. There are many Taimur in India ( around 5000, what I read somewhere), but this name created some anger among many as it was a celebrity couple who named their son. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

On the one hand Saif Ali Khan is supposed to be a Historian, whatever that means because it looks as if all historic facts and gory details of Taimur seems to have escaped his historic mind or else he would think twice and also have some respet for the majority community that was at the receiving end. However, it is their child and their wish, so be it ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

On the one hand Saif Ali Khan is supposed to be a Historian, whatever that means because it looks as if all historic facts and gory details of Taimur seems to have escaped his historic mind or else he would think twice and also have some respet for the majority community that was at the receiving end. However, it is their child and their wish, so be it ...

True...that kind of apathy towards a specifically horrible part of history and naming their son in spite of it questions the grounds on which Saif claims himself to be a historian. But more than the controversy surrounding the name of their child, what struck out to me most was the question that Tarek Fateh raised, that Indian Muslims consider themselves to be so much alienated or distant from Indian culture that their names are all Arab and Persian, and not Indian. whereas Muslims in Turkey, African countries, Indonesia etc. carry names rooted from their local cultures. This is what disturbed me the most.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

True...that kind of apathy towards a specifically horrible part of history and naming their son in spite of it questions the grounds on which Saif claims himself to be a historian. But more than the controversy surrounding the name of their child, what struck out to me most was the question that Tarek Fateh raised, that Indian Muslims consider themselves to be so much alienated or distant from Indian culture that their names are all Arab and Persian, and not Indian. whereas Muslims in Turkey, African countries, Indonesia etc. carry names rooted from their local cultures. This is what disturbed me the most.

Kalyani, it is also a lot to do with their leaders who tend to completely Identify themselves with Arabia rather than their native land unlike Christian s. In Mangalore most Christians and Catholic s have a Hindu first name and a Christian second name. . They have also adapted the bindi and mangalsutra although it is not mandatory. But it is a way of accepting and adapting the lands traditions and customs most of which are not religious..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

Yes  it is their child they free to give him name of their choice, but they must not forgot that they are citizen of India where image of Tamur Lung is not good one.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes  it is their child they free to give him name of their choice, but they must not forgot that they are citizen of India where image of Tamur Lung is not good one.

I agree.  Don't I have the freedom of naming child ? I know an old friend who named his son as  Suyodhan, other name  of Duryodhan.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I agree.  Don't I have the freedom of naming child ? I know an old friend who named his son as  Suyodhan, other name  of Duryodhan.

People knows name first than person. It is our tradition to name our child which give good impression. When Pran was famous villiane of Bollywood, no one like name their child Pran only because of his filmy image.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

People knows name first than person. It is our tradition to name our child which give good impression. When Pran was famous villiane of Bollywood, no one like name their child Pran only because of his filmy image.

yes. During namkaran utsav, we name our child in such a way that he imbibes qualities of the name the child was given. an example is Sudarhan. And your example of Pran, I liked.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Duryodhan had many great qualities and just because he was against the Pandavas does not make him an evil person. I guess you have not read the Mahabharat fully because only then you come to know how Krishna assessed personalities..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.