Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Indians for too long are relying ONLY on police. Police in India is corrupt like Indian society generally. Nobody thinks of self-less vigilante squads to protect the common man and the lone girl. It's about time to act on what I had written earlier if a girl had carried 0.22 small bore pistol like my German friend, the result would have been different. No point in blaming politicians as they are a mirror of society

MG Singh wrote:

Indians for too long are relying ONLY on police. Police in India is corrupt like Indian society generally. Nobody thinks of self-less vigilante squads to protect the common man and the lone girl. It's about time to act on what I had written earlier if a girl had carried 0.22 small bore pistol like my German friend, the result would have been different. No point in blaming politicians as they are a mirror of society

While I endorse your statement that we cannot depend only on the police force for our protection, I would like to differ regarding the method you have suggested. Carrying pistols or any licensed arms is not the right solution. There is always chance of it being misused. I feel that it will be more effective to Make it compulsory for girls to learn defense tactics such as martial arts

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
jabeen wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

While I endorse your statement that we cannot depend only on the police force for our protection, I would like to differ regarding the method you have suggested. Carrying pistols or any licensed arms is not the right solution. There is always chance of it being misused. I feel that it will be more effective to Make it compulsory for girls to learn defense tactics such as martial arts

Carrying a can of pepper spray or even an insect repellent spray can be useful . In Manipal a student returning home late at night after using the university library was followed by two men on a bike and when they stopped in front of her and began passing lewd comments , she ignored at first but when one of them came and held her hand she used her deodorant spray directly on his and the otner mans face as well. It shocked them and she screamed and managed to run away ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Carrying a can of pepper spray or even an insect repellent spray can be useful . In Manipal a student returning home late at night after using the university library was followed by two men on a bike and when they stopped in front of her and began passing lewd comments , she ignored at first but when one of them came and held her hand she used her deodorant spray directly on his and the otner mans face as well. It shocked them and she screamed and managed to run away ..

Alas !one swallow does not make the summer and exceptions only prove the rule.A girl is not physically strong and beating a man with judu etc is irrelevement.  One must be realistic.

I have spent quality time in the USA and let me tell my friends that the USA despite an efficient police has the LARGEST NUMBER OF RAPES PER 100 in the world.Why?People must think. Frankly I have no solution.

jabeen wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

I agree with you. Carrying a pistol may be used to settle scores, which is undesirable.

I know many women in my place learning martial arts like taekwondo for self protection

M G Singh wrote..

Alas !one swallow does not make the summer and exceptions only prove the rule.A girl is not physically strong and beating a man with judu etc is irrelevement.  One must be realistic.

I agree and all the more reason for ladies to be innovative also be cautious. There is no point in wandering around at night when you know there are wild animals on the prowl and if you must , take the necessary precautions!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

M G Singh wrote..

I agree and all the more reason for ladies to be innovative also be cautious. There is no point in wandering around at night when you know there are wild animals on the prowl and if you must , take the necessary precautions!

@MG Singh... cant agree with you there. Women must empower themselves to face the men in all situations. Physical strength should not be a hindrance there. She needs to act smart. She needs to learn things which helps in her self defense. 

@Usha ... yes ladies need to be cautious and innovative, but staying indoors is not an option. Because the beasts' dont stick to any particular timing. The ladies need to be vigilant and prepared at all times and at all places... even in the comfort of their homes. India has become too dangerous a place for the women.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

It is always better for women to be cautions not only in the night but also during day time. I know many cases where in women were raped and killed in the broad daylight , Self protection is the only way that works.

rambabu wrote:

It is always better for women to be cautions not only in the night but also during day time. I know many cases where in women were raped and killed in the broad daylight , Self protection is the only way that works.

Can you please tell us about at least a couple of cases where women were raped and killed in broad daylight that you know of !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.