The topic is locked.

Today is the death anniversary of Rahul Dev Burman, the genius music composer who passed away in the year 1994. There is no two opinion about his talent since he was way ahead of his times and to this day composers are inspired by his style of composing ..His first ever composition was aye mere topi palate ke aa which his father SD Burman used in the film Funtoosh.. Independently he composed music for a Guru Dutt film Raaz which never got released. So his first released film was Chote Nawab , produced by Mehmood and later Bhoot Bangla ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

R.D. burman aka Pancham always believed in new experiment in music. he was also singer.

R D Burmans singing voice was unique and his best known songs are probably Mehbooba mehbooba from Sholay and Duniya mein logonko dhoka khabie..from Apna Desh picturised on Rajesh Khanna ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

He had composed so many nice songs which people still enjoy listening. His unique style had also inspired many other composers. And some of his songs were also used as remixed versions.

Rahul Dev Burman, is the only son of Sachin Dev Burman and his lyricist wife Meeradev Burman. Pancham was his nick name. There is a story about his nick name Pancham. During his  childhood, whenever he cried, it sounded in the fifth note ( Pa) of music notation.

Rahul, a creative genius did major works with Aha Bhosle, his wife and Kishore Kumar.

Some of his greatest songs are, Ye Shaam Mastani,Zindagi Ke Safar Mein, Dum maro Dum, Raat Kali Rk khwab mei Aaayi to name a few.

Panchamda's magic still works wonders and holds us captive to this day. Numerous songs come, get on the top of the charts for a few days and then are quickly forgotten. But Pancham's songs are the ones that are still sung when friends get together year after year.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

RD Burman's music transends boundaries of language and time. You can go on listenining to his songs again and again without getting a bored a bit. Each time to hear it , you find something new is his music. That is how it is for me.

yeh shaam mastani... madhosh kiye jaaye... 

aane wala pal jaane wala hai

meri bheegi bheegi si ankhiyon mei rahe gaye jaise mere sapne ne bikhar ke

dam maro dam.... and the list goes on and on... 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

RD Burman ruled the film music during the secenties and the eighties. He brought in singers like Bhupendra and Runa Laila ..Do deewane shahar mein sung by the two is one of my favorite songs . Some of the films for which he gave very melodious music - Baharon ke Sapne, Amar Prem, mere Jeevan saathi, 1942 love story, teesri manzil, caravan, padosan..

To is the bday for another great music composer... what a coincidence,.. AR Rahman also celebrates his bday today :)

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

RD Burman or Pancham Da...The name brings nostalgia...The memory strings of times and songs we heard, hummed and danced to during our growing years. The melody is still fresh and evergreen.

And not to forget the duo.. Gulzar's honey dipped lyrics and the music of Pancham Da

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I think Panchamda was the first composer who explored unconventional things to provide outstanding music. He even produced memorable music using a comb in the song from Padosan, 'Mere Samnewali Khidki mein' the quite distinct creaking kind of music heard before the song was created using a comb.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.