The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

one of the music legend of India, he really worth everything in this country, I love his bade acche lagte hain song from balika badhu.

sdfafa

RD Burmans range was immense , he could effortlessly compose any kind of tune - from cabaret to romantic duets to folk songs and ghazals..

Mehbooba Mehbooba, bheegi bheegi Raton mein , chuniri sambhal Gori , aaja piya toh se pyar doo, Ghar aaja ghir aa, MERI jaan Maine KAHA, o mere Sona re, run be mujhe dekha ..What a fabulous range !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Though he picked up a lot of tunes from Western music, his creativity gave a refreshing and personal touch to them

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

usha manohar wrote:

R D Burmans singing voice was unique and his best known songs are probably Mehbooba mehbooba from Sholay and Duniya mein logonko dhoka khabie..from Apna Desh picturised on Rajesh Khanna ! 

One more song Smunder Nha Key or Bhi Namkeen Ho Gai Ho, Film Pukar.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

R D Burmans singing voice was unique and his best known songs are probably Mehbooba mehbooba from Sholay and Duniya mein logonko dhoka khabie..from Apna Desh picturised on Rajesh Khanna ! 

One more song Smunder Nha Key or Bhi Namkeen Ho Gai Ho, Film Pukar.

I like another song from Pukar, BachKe rehna re baba, sung by Kishore and Asha,

Apparently Pancham was extremely humorous . On his wife Asha Bhosles birthday he gift wrapped two brooms and gave her . The reason being that Asha was a stickler for cleanliness and when she was at home , she wd be perpetually sweeping and dusting..lol

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes. R. D Burman had a great sense of humor. The movie Padosan, not only the comedians in the movie, even R.D Burman, the composer, lyricist Rajendrakishen had a great sense of humor.

Javed Akhtar's account on R.D Burman's sense of humor

http://cityairnews.com/content/rd-burman-had-great-sense-humour-javed-akhtar

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I think Panchamda was the first composer who explored unconventional things to provide outstanding music. He even produced memorable music using a comb in the song from Padosan, 'Mere Samnewali Khidki mein' the quite distinct creaking kind of music heard before the song was created using a comb.

They say a creative genius looks beyond the obvious. For an ordinary mortal a comb is just a comb, nothing else. The intro music bit in the Movie  Podosan is an example of Pancham's creative genius.

rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I think Panchamda was the first composer who explored unconventional things to provide outstanding music. He even produced memorable music using a comb in the song from Padosan, 'Mere Samnewali Khidki mein' the quite distinct creaking kind of music heard before the song was created using a comb.

They say a creative genius looks beyond the obvious. For an ordinary mortal a comb is just a comb, nothing else. The intro music bit in the Movie  Podosan is an example of Pancham's creative genius.

I think Kalyani has already touched on the subject and so why do you parrot the same thing ? Please give a link to this intro music of padosan so that we too can enjoy it 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh

It is even said that he helped his father with his composition and it is his suggestions that made some of SD Burman's song so popular. I remember one such song " Roop tera mastaba" from Aradhna. SD had given a slower tune which was not so appealing. Pancham Da suggested the other tune which was used. The song became a super hot. So he can be credited for some of his father's success too. I remember it from one of the radio interviews of Asha Bhonsle during my childhood

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.