The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@ Arunima

What you said about Pancham Da is an unknown aspect to me.  It further establishes the fact that RDis an extraordinary creative genius

Arunima Singh wrote:

It is even said that he helped his father with his composition and it is his suggestions that made some of SD Burman's song so popular. I remember one such song " Roop tera mastaba" from Aradhna. SD had given a slower tune which was not so appealing. Pancham Da suggested the other tune which was used. The song became a super hot. So he can be credited for some of his father's success too. I remember it from one of the radio interviews of Asha Bhonsle during my childhood

In fact even earlier in the sixties Pancham had composed several tunes like Rimjhim ke tarane and other tunes too which were used by S D Burman ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

It is even said that he helped his father with his composition and it is his suggestions that made some of SD Burman's song so popular. I remember one such song " Roop tera mastaba" from Aradhna. SD had given a slower tune which was not so appealing. Pancham Da suggested the other tune which was used. The song became a super hot. So he can be credited for some of his father's success too. I remember it from one of the radio interviews of Asha Bhonsle during my childhood

In fact even earlier in the sixties Pancham had composed several tunes like Rimjhim ke tarane and other tunes too which were used by S D Burman ..

You mean to say that SD Burman used the tunes that his son produced and didn't give him the credit for it?

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

R D Burmans singing voice was unique and his best known songs are probably Mehbooba mehbooba from Sholay and Duniya mein logonko dhoka khabie..from Apna Desh picturised on Rajesh Khanna ! 

One more song Smunder Nha Key or Bhi Namkeen Ho Gai Ho, Film Pukar.

I like another song from Pukar, BachKe rehna re baba, sung by Kishore and Asha, 

Yes it is nice song. Song sung by Amintabh Bachhan is also awesome. Tum Mekey Mat Joio.

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

You mean to say that SD Burman used the tunes that his son produced and didn't give him the credit for it?

Apparently Pancham was being trained under his father and he would come up with tunes of his own and I am sure he felt very proud and happy when the tunes were used by SD Burman which in itself is an honour given the kind of perfectionist senior Burman was!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

RD Burman is one of the musician who had made career of so many great actors that we have in our country. I just love his songs.

sdfafa

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Apparently Pancham was being trained under his father and he would come up with tunes of his own and I am sure he felt very proud and happy when the tunes were used by SD Burman which in itself is an honour given the kind of perfectionist senior Burman was!

Music director of Aradhna is S. D. Burman but, song Rup Tere Mastana composed by R.D.

Here is an interesting background on his famous song Mehbooba o Mehbooba which was adapted from Demis Roussos' (a Greek singer based in London) Say you Love me love me. Ramesh Sippy heard this song in London and created the situation for this song in the film Sholay.,

http://www.cinemasangeet.com/hindi-film-music/down-melody-lane/mehbooba-o-mehbooba.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssZTaqbsuTA

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Here is an interesting background on his famous song Mehbooba o Mehbooba which was adapted from Demis Roussos' (a Greek singer based in London) Say you Love me love me. Ramesh Sippy heard this song in London and created the situation for this song in the film Sholay.,

http://www.cinemasangeet.com/hindi-film-music/down-melody-lane/mehbooba-o-mehbooba.html

Thanks for sharing it. I read some where that RD used empty bottel of cold drinks in this song.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Pancham was innovative and probably the first composer to have tried fusion music . He even cut an album with Asha Bhosle and Boy George the British singer , which became very popular at that time reaching the top of the charts..

I tried uploading an image but was unable to do so since there was some problem in doing so ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.