Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

doesn't it sound like slapping a person is cruel but murdering him is not?  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

If we can't ban Kurbani, why try and ban Jallikuttu? There is no sense in this ban. SC, as I have said, is not a revolutionary forum but just one that maintains the status quo. It will not touch Kurbani killings. This IS cruel, why bleed an animal to death? Secondly, Kurbani is also not banned in the USA.All this is food for thought and the SC better stop giving sermons against a particular religion. it doesn't have the guts to rule against polygamy and divorce.

I feel that cruelty against animals has different views for different people. Animals are reared for various things...Food, clothing etc. Even cow does not produce milk for us but for her calf. So drinking milk can also be taken as cruelty. That doesn't mean that whole humanity will turn vegan. Moreover, choice of food depends on geography of the land. And not to forget rearing animals... Sericulture, apiculture, pisciculture and farm animals...Is a source of livelihood go many and economy of the land. 

I totally agree that with proper management and safety measures, this game can be turned into a macho game just like Spain. Proper guidelines and measures can attract tourism. So the traditional game can be used for economical gain

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Despite honorable Supreme Court's decision, there are pocket of places where this tradition is being hailed and well supported by some political parties. I was wondering why there has been always sees some opportunities for politics in the case of good happenings. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

The SC should not venture into a social custom if it can't give any worthwhile decision on Kurbani and polygamy. Frankly, it is apparent it will not do anything in these matters.

There are many more things involved in this sport as I understand from my Tamil friends, i would like to put that forward here

1. Its been a long tradition which has been followed for ages.

2. The only reason why people will raise the bulls if for this kind of activity. If it is stopped, sooner or later the native breeds will become extinct. The cows milk from native breeding is higher in protein than the cows milk obtained from foreign breeding.

3. In foreign where bull fights are legal, most of the time the bulls are killed after the fight, whereas here in jallikattu the bulls are worshiped at par with Gods. 

4. In jallikattu there is no cruelty to animal, the competition is only about staying on top of the bull for a certain distance without falling. 

PS:: These are the inputs from my friends. 

Just posted it here to bring out the other side of the story as well.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

I had seen some of news clippings where there was the rope tied into head of bullock and there were certain restrictions there but the honorable Supreme Court had seen all of these before pronouncing their judgment and I think law of the land should prevail. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

I have seen Jallikattu and if people say there is no cruelty involved they either don't care about the pain caused to the bull or they are lying. The winner normally to his superiority sharply twists the bulls horns and they get broken and bleed 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Divya, you have put valid points which can not be overruled. Many politicians have backed it. Well, they might have done it for vote gain. But even many educated Tamil friends of mine support it. In fact many youths from TN as well as Karnataka feel that with proper guidelines and measures, the traditional game can be turned into a macho game which can attract people and even glorify the tradition

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Would the honorable members like to answer as to what they have to say for Indian beef and Mutton exported to the Middle East which is certified as halal i.e killed by allowing the animal to bleed to death.?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.