Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:

@Divya, you have put valid points which can not be overruled. Many politicians have backed it. Well, they might have done it for vote gain. But even many educated Tamil friends of mine support it. In fact many youths from TN as well as Karnataka feel that with proper guidelines and measures, the traditional game can be turned into a macho game which can attract people and even glorify the tradition

I am all for it for you cannot have double standards by supplying beef  after kurbani and banning Jalikutu.

Arunima Singh wrote:

@Divya, you have put valid points which can not be overruled. Many politicians have backed it. Well, they might have done it for vote gain. But even many educated Tamil friends of mine support it. In fact many youths from TN as well as Karnataka feel that with proper guidelines and measures, the traditional game can be turned into a macho game which can attract people and even glorify the tradition

very true. people here in TN are very passionate about it and they all support it.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

TN people are simply crazy and misguided. If the  bulls could speak  they would cry out in pain. Bulls are mercilessly pulled by their tails, persons are jumping all over the bulls, it is made to run in a crazy manner and they call it a sport. Let some of the TN politicians replace the bull and be dragged by their hair with people jumping all over them. Then we can listen to their enjoyment. It should continue to remain banned.

The episode is becoming more serious because of political interference. Both DMK and AIADMK have manipulated the matter . Now with a huge protest going on on Marina beach at Chennai with the blessing of these parties they are trying to arm.twist the apex court. Don't people have anything better to do on a week day , goes to show how many people are jobless and ready to do what the politicians dictate them to do 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

While the Tamilian politicians are having a hay day with the Jallikattu issue I feel that all kinds of cruelty on animals should be stopped including halal killing which is probably the most violent of all..letting an animal bleed to death ! how do they even justify a cruel act such as that ? Also there are temples and places of worship in many places where cows ,goats and even Cocks are sacrificed in the name of appeasing gods !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

The episode is becoming more serious because of political interference. Both DMK and AIADMK have manipulated the matter . Now with a huge protest going on on Marina beach at Chennai with the blessing of these parties they are trying to arm.twist the apex court. Don't people have anything better to do on a week day , goes to show how many people are jobless and ready to do what the politicians dictate them to do 

If you think its the jobless people who are protesting on politicians will, then you have ur facts all wrong. Even at this point a major faction of the protesters are the working people and students (along with their families and kids too)  who feel passionately about the sport/culture. POliticians were not allowed in the gathering till yesterday. Its only since today mrng that student groups with affiliation to political parties have joined in and so the political influence.

vijay wrote:

TN people are simply crazy and misguided. If the  bulls could speak  they would cry out in pain. Bulls are mercilessly pulled by their tails, persons are jumping all over the bulls, it is made to run in a crazy manner and they call it a sport. Let some of the TN politicians replace the bull and be dragged by their hair with people jumping all over them. Then we can listen to their enjoyment. It should continue to remain banned.

crazy - yes, misguided - may be. But you can not expect every body to go by ur definition of a sport.

And since you talked about bulls speaking, do you think the bulls would give a smiling selfie when they are butchered for beef. India as would already know is one of the largest beef exporter to the world. Nobody has any problems with that.. why? 

Jallikattu is banned, it is a good decision by court. I think all religions are same for court, no difference, then why this decision of stopping cruelty against animals is on religion basis. On Bakrid, animals are cruelly killed in the name of religion, but why not court gives any decision on this event. 

http://www.comparenshop.in

Religion is the opium of the  masses and we can see what customs and traditions in any religion drives a human being to do ...Students shd be doing what they are supposed to do , and not get involved in matters of which they have little maturity to deal with . I sincerely hope the supreme court stands firm and also looks into other issues like halal and qurbani killings as well..this is a good beginning and a good initiative taken by the court !

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

Religion is the opium of the  masses and we can see what customs and traditions in any religion drives a human being to do ...Students shd be doing what they are supposed to do , and not get involved in matters of which they have little maturity to deal with . I sincerely hope the supreme court stands firm and also looks into other issues like halal and qurbani killings as well..this is a good beginning and a good initiative taken by the court !

I would like to differ again. 

I personally feel, each one of us should stand up what we are passionate about what ever it is. Though it is not required that kids be part of it but yes students from high school and colleges, they have a right to voice their opinion. They should definitely voice their concerns in the way they can. Its not only the students, but also teachers and principals out there. So i do not think its wrong.

Another very important point here is that its a silent protest. There are no roads being blocked, no shops being forced closed, no security threat to the women/kids. When why is everyone so against the protests. This is by far the best protest i have seen.  

As far as Supreme Court verdict is concerned. I again feel that Supreme Court should not be interfering with the faith/belief and customs as long as its not causing at atrocities. 

PS: I don't support or oppose jallikattu. But i see the sentiments of the people around me, which makes me feel i need to support it too... at-least for my friends

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.