As an aftermath of the New Year horror at blore... the David Guetta Concert stands cancelled. The police seem to come out openly saying they can not provide the necessary security to the ladies. 

http://www.hindustantimes.com/music/david-guetta-s-bengaluru-concert-cancelled-due-to-law-and-order-situation/story-7094WW19OvrUtTMT2hcxjP.html

So whats next?

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Not surprising. The police are ill equipped and less in numbers compared to the rowdy crowds that gather in such places. And considering the recent assault on women during the New year's eve, it is not surprising that the police have already expressed their inability rather than being blamed for everything after the event.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That is a sad state of affairs. Politicians and celebrities get protection. But a tax payer or a general citizens security can not be granted. Ladies are citizens of India and their security and safety should be ensured by systems in place. Irrespective of gender, security is a citizen's right

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Totally agree with Arunima there. Police are the law keepers... its their duty to protect the citizens irrespective of the gender and the situation. Would everyone agree if tomorrow the army at the LOC says we cant protect the border because we can not control pakistan? 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

Safety irrespective of the gender is not guaranteed in this Country. Even though security is a citizen's right, who cares. Exception is influential and Politicos.

This is  the situation in the country,.... really sad state of affairs..

Divya wrote:

Totally agree with Arunima there. Police are the law keepers... its their duty to protect the citizens irrespective of the gender and the situation. Would everyone agree if tomorrow the army at the LOC says we cant protect the border because we can not control pakistan? 

Though I agree that being a law keepers, its the duty of the police to protect the peoole in any circumstances, I don't think the case of cancellation of the concert can be compared with the hypothetical case that you have mentioned. 

Protection of the border of a Nation comes under the topmost priority and cannot be compromised under any circumstances. While concerts can be rescheduled. In the article it was mentioned that the police ll not be able to provide the necessary security on account of Agricultural meeting. Personally I too feel that if the police are ill equipped to manage such a big rowdy crowd, better to postpone the event

I am of the opinion, protection of the nation should be top most priority. A concert can be held on a later date.And that's what the Police did.

My response to the topic ..

According to the local channels here where the interview by the DGP was shown, the real reason is because of the Civic polls being held in Bangalore for which they have had to deploy large number of personnel , so they are unable to provide protection as required for the concert. Now with the New Year episode fresh on everyone s mind they don't want to take any chances of further brick bats if anything goes wrong!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.