The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I don't understand what the issue is all about. Maybe the Khadi people did go overboard in projecting Modi but why should that be so upsetting. Do Gandhiji own the sole copyright to Khadi??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

it is the pride for current PM of India to make Khadi popular again and it is one of most witted respect to Gandhi what he should be wishing to and in India everything is politicized and slowly all these are proving to be minuscule in nature. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

see there is no human in this world which can be compared with Mahatma Gandhi but this is really a mistake and should be corrected immediately.

sdfafa

Arunima Singh wrote:

I think though Gandhi ji is inseparable to khadi, Modi can be without doubt called the face that glorified Khadi and has developed it. 

I feel while Modi deserves to be there, they should have also kept Gandhiji along with him. One the poineer of Khadi movement and other the youth icon and modern brand ambassador of Khadi.

As usual parties are politicizing it for their personal interests

Khadi is not only hand made cloth, but it is symbol of self reliance, It is better that Modi Kept with Gandi ji.

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
Babu saroj wrote:

see there is no human in this world which can be compared with Mahatma Gandhi but this is really a mistake and should be corrected immediately.

Now you please don't go overboard because no one including Mahatma Gandhi is perfect and I am sure there are quite a few people who are as good or even better than him in this world..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I think though Gandhi ji is inseparable to khadi, Modi can be without doubt called the face that glorified Khadi and has developed it. 

I feel while Modi deserves to be there, they should have also kept Gandhiji along with him. One the poineer of Khadi movement and other the youth icon and modern brand ambassador of Khadi.

As usual parties are politicizing it for their personal interests

Khadi is not only hand made cloth, but it is symbol of self reliance, It is better that Modi Kept with Gandi ji.

Yes, it was a symbol of self-reliance during the freedom struggle. The reason why Gandhiji implored people to spin their own clothes was solely to reduce our total dependence on England for cloth. By reducing imported cloth usage, England could be hit badly financially and thus loosen its hold on India. But does that fact have any relevance left today in the 21st century? Young people, why only young, even older people attach more importance to brands and go for everything that is imported, Khadi cloth has become a fashion statement and in many cases, is more expensive than regular cotton cloth. Why attach so much importance to the charkha now. Also, it was not just Gandhiji, but also others such as Acharya Vinoba Bhave, Vallabhbhai, Morarji bhai etc. who used a spinning wheel regularly and wore only khadi. If KVIC wants to revive its image and bring some changes, why an issue is created over it?

The opposition wants to hold on to any and every issue to create a controversy. Khadi has now gone on from the hand spun clothing that it was , to become an industry of its own and there have been many people who have pooled in to popularise it - celebrities, politicians etc 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Surprise to find more than the politicians there were news channels that had been creating the stories and then asking politicians about their opinion and different way to create and grood stories but one should also see the realties of development of khadi industry and if it is gaining momentum then it should be the win-win situation for India.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Gandhi ji was a human and not God personified. That's the problem with Indian mindset where we go to the extent of WORSHIPPING people. Gandhiji has been called Mahatma for his deeds and deserves the respect of the nation. But he also was human and has erred.

Now Khadi's significance has also changed over time. It is a fashion statement now and an industry which contributes to economy. The face of Khadi can also change. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Here is something I found today, food for thought!

charkha

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.