Taslima Nasreen seems to be perpetually caught up in some controversy or the other, mainly with the Islamic fundamentalist groups who keep saying that she should be killed. I. Her own words " Whenever I criticize Islam , the Islamic radicals want to kill me ,."..

The latest one is because of her support for  UCC which made the fundamental see red and they asked the organisers never to give her a platform to speak her mind.  Now where are the brainy intellectual s hiding since it is very much their job to return some more awards and make a noise ..

Please share your views 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Awards have to be earned / received before they can be returned. Wait for sometime then Sharad Pawar and MMJoshi will do as you desire.

Sad state of affairs, and most of so called secular minds, failed to understand or even not wanting to understand what is the main sole of uniform civil code would be. Why everything is compared to one particular minority religion and there are many other minorities and they are absolutely comfortable with it and more so ever this matter was taken up by honorable Supreme Court of India not the Government of India, and in the case of the said writer, yes whenever she speaks fundamentalists tries hard to stop her voice from spreading and even television discussions too. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

I totally agree Mohan that it is always a single community that is always creating problems for the nation, wanting to drag us back by a few centuries with their barbaric mindset ..One can.blame the previous regime for this !

The intellectual award wapsi brigade consists of writers and artistes and not politicians..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I totally agree Mohan that it is always a single community that is always creating problems for the nation, wanting to drag us back by a few centuries with their barbaric mindset ..One can.blame the previous regime for this !

The intellectual award wapsi brigade consists of writers and artistes and not politicians.

All people of this community are not problem for country. Only few leader of this community is responsible for problems, Most of people of this community is poor and they have not time from earning their livelihood.

Bowing to the demand for Jallikutt has leap frogged the nation by a couple of centuries.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The intellectual award wapsi brigade consists of writers and artistes and not politicians.

All people of this community are not problem for country. Only few leader of this community is responsible for problems, Most of people of this community is poor and they have not time from earning their livelihood.

That is true but at the same time their religion which is all encompassing  and their religious leaders make sure that they remain backward in their thinking and in their actions which reflects on the entire society !

Taslima Nasreen really understands the problems and what ails the community she belongs to and that is exactly what causes such heartburn among the leaders of that community. Only time will tell now whether the current government takes the extreme and hard step of imposing the UCC and have the courage to stick to it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

She has always expressed the voice of a progressive Muslim lady and has always been condemned by fundamentalists for that. It is not only her but many progressive Muslim women in the country who resonate with her thoughts. But the sad state is that fundamentalists enjoy playing the victim or minority card.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Taslima Nasreen is a broad minded Feminist, who fought for the women' rights was forced t out of her Country because f her controversial writings , which enraged narrow minded  Muslim leaders, who thought she has discredited Islam. Taslima is of the opinion that Quran should be revised thoroughly.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Taslima Nasreen really understands the problems and what ails the community she belongs to and that is exactly what causes such heartburn among the leaders of that community. Only time will tell now whether the current government takes the extreme and hard step of imposing the UCC and have the courage to stick to it!

She was in fact speaking about her novel Lajja for which she was banned from Bangladesh Drag. Apparently it was about a real life instance of some Muslim clergies who had raped an Indian girl and left her to die . This truth angered them and she had to flee fearing for her life . Now imagine if this were to happens here , every Ram, dick and Harry , mainly the "intellectuals" will cry for for justice , condemn the majority Community, as if they descended from a different planet ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.