The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Here the issue is simply of leadership in Tamilnadu. all know that personality cult plays a lot in that state. In the past, many even committed suicide on death or imprisonment of a popular leader. so we may expect anything there. So, what is significant is only the number of supporters in the state assembly. The Governor only needs to see that the MLAs are enabled to express themselves freely and fearlessly on floor of the house that some one with genuine majority backing is elected. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Now, according to a Raj Bhavan source, the Governor is willing to consider all the aspects expressed by Panneer Selvam and Sasikala. And the Governor is likely to consult Constitutional experts before taking any decision.

vijay wrote:

I am amazed at the response of RAMBABU and the subsequent silence of @Usha and the total non response by MGSingh to my observation about MGSingh clearly stating in his post that he himself also benefited by association with a corrupt MLA. I am not questioning Modis credentials as a leader. All I am saying is that when one himself benefits by wrong doing do we need to be subjected to grandiose statements about honesty etc from such members. The silence and refusal to take a stand shows the duplicity in our attitudes. 

I am not doubting MGs claim since such a thing is possible in our society, and most people do pay bribes to get their work done. It is precisely because of that , we have such leaders who expect bribes for carrying out their duties and at times doing special out of the way duties. It is a culture brought in by the previous govt and continues. However the present govt esp Mr Modi is bent on cleaning up the system whether you agree or not ..I can only speak for myself that I have never ever paid bribes in any form so far , but faced a lot of inconvenience because of that . In fact I have had a long struggle with my temp job which they would have made permanent had I paid them bribes ..I WD have earned much more and got lots of other benefits too had I agreed to do their bidding! Karnataka is understandably one of the most corrupt states..

Now coming back to the topic ..Whatever may be the claims Sasikala makes, it will.not be easy for her to stake claim and even if she does become the CM the road ahead is not easy ..

http://m.economictimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/its-a-rocky-road-ahead-for-v-k-sasikala/articleshow/56994375.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Entire clan of Sasikala seems to be there in AIADMK.. Sasikala's husband,, nephews etc. Additionally, with  so many cases pending, how she can lead the party ?

@ Usha, you have neatly summed up the topic. The real test is on the floor of the house and yesterday Mr. Salve was on TV and said very much the same thing. PS or Sasikala the going is going to be tough

Supreme Court on Friday declined urgent hearing on  a petition seeking to stop her from being sworn in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister. Every moment there is new turn in Tamil Nadu politics. It appears,  in the near future this crisis is not going to end.

http://zeenews.india.com/chennai/relief-for-sasikala-sc-declines-urgent-hearing-on-plea-challenging-her-elevation-as-tamil-nadu-cm_1975469.html

MG Singh wrote:

@ Usha, you have neatly summed up the topic. The real test is on the floor of the house and yesterday Mr. Salve was on TV and said very much the same thing. PS or Sasikala the going is going to be tough

I too saw Me Harish Salves interview on Times ..He has said that it depends on who governor calls first to prove majority on the floor ..

Just now I saw on the Tamil channel that OPS already had the support of nearly 100 MLAs , not sure how reliable that is .. However, he is definitely a better bet than Sasikala who is only interested in power and bringing in her entire Mannargudi clan into the party so that they can have a free run ..In a poll conducted by local channels 65 percent voted for OPS and 31 percent for Stalin of DMK and only 2 percent for Sasikala. So, if inspire of all this public animosity, if she still becomes the CM it will be a far worse situation than Jallikattu, for sure 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

Supreme Court on Friday declined urgent hearing on  a petition seeking to stop her from being sworn in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister. Every moment there is new turn in Tamil Nadu politics. It appears,  in the near future this crisis is not going to end.

http://zeenews.india.com/chennai/relief-for-sasikala-sc-declines-urgent-hearing-on-plea-challenging-her-elevation-as-tamil-nadu-cm_1975469.html

» 2 hours ago

Now, according to a Raj Bhavan source, the Governor is willing to consider all the aspects expressed by Panneer Selvam and Sasikala. And the Governor is likely to consult Constitutional experts before taking any decision

@ rambabu if you have nothing to contribute on the topic other than simply repeating what is shown on TV which by the way we all know, please stop posting 

I have the news on the different news channels andmedia including Telugu News papers

rambabu wrote:

I have the news on the different news channels andmedia including Telugu News papers

Please don't post any more links and news breaks here simply to get points ..You are far too selfish , insensitive and thick skinned to understand and be prudent with your posts. Now I am.sure you will go around complaining to the moderators and the admin after behaving like a jumping jack 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.