It is more than 6 years since Syrian civil war began and the kind suffering the common people have gone through is unimaginable. Over 7 lakh people have been killed so far and more number displaced...Please add personal.views rather than news breaks and others views !

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Civil_War

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I saw the recent video of the gruesome Chemical Attack which killed above 70 people including little kids. US blames it on Syrian President, Syria denies it, Russia(Syria's ally) denies any role, US bombs Syrian Airbase.

Among all this drama and blame-game, no one realizes the pain of the children who lost their families in the 6-year old civil war. They have no future, nothing to look forward to in life. The politicians, even the UN won't understand that.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

I too saw the news story of the chemical attack on the civilians in Syria and we also keep coming across the occasional stories of dead children washed ashore on the way to seek refuge in the European countries. I think the real cause of the conflict is no longer relevant now, if the majority of the civilians along with children are to die, what use it is or what does it matter which government is ruling the country! It has just turned into a mindless, senseless brutality!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I wonder why the UN exists at all if it is unable to control violence and terror against Innocent people. It has become a toothless tiger now . 

It is probably be of the largest displacement and refugee movement which had implications all very Europe since terrorists join the refugees seeking asylum and begin their activities there as well.

I am providing a link which gives the background to the Syrian struggle which began as a protest against Assad's mis rule.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/16979186

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Owing to Syrian conflict, Millions of ordinary people living in Syria had to escape from their homes to find a safe place to live.

Lots of Children could no longer attend schools, because their schools were destroyed.

Because of all this turmoil, many have become refugees

usha manohar wrote:

I wonder why the UN exists at all if it is unable to control violence and terror against Innocent people. It has become a toothless tiger now . 

It is probably be of the largest displacement and refugee movement which had implications all very Europe since terrorists join the refugees seeking asylum and begin their activities there as well.

I am providing a link which gives the background to the Syrian struggle which began as a protest against Assad's mis rule.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/16979186

I agree, the UN now seems to exist only to fulfill the whims and fancies of the permanent members who hold the "power of veto" and use it for their personal interest rather than the greater good.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

The most important duty  of UN is to keep international peace. But in the case of Syria it miserably failed. UN has become a tool in the hands of these permanent members. A pity.

Not sure how things would develop after the US airstrike which has angered both Russia and Iran. Russia has been the culprit , extending support to Assad by extending support , even having their troops in Syria ..If US continues to retaliate the tension in the region is bound to escalate and may lead to a war like situation​. 

usha manohar wrote:

Not sure how things would develop after the US airstrike which has angered both Russia and Iran. Russia has been the culprit , extending support to Assad by extending support , even having their troops in Syria ..If US continues to retaliate the tension in the region is bound to escalate and may lead to a war like situation​. 

The US has a knack for interfering and showing their firepower. They did it with Iraq and now they're doing it with Syria.

The last thing this vulnerable, blue planet needs is a war.Confused

Oscar Wilde

It is a simple case of fight for power. In order to strengthen one's position outside is taken in this case Assad has sought Russian support. Naturally the other side will have US support. In times of war all sort of methods are used to ensure victory. For non involved persons the use of chemical gas looks horrible. But that is the unfortunate reality. India has so far not made any statement on the Syrian crisis. U.N. can be only efective of members cooperate otherwise what can it so. Blaming it has no meaning.

This article focuses in detail on how different nations stand with reference to Syrian civil war ..As far as India is concerned , they share old history and a traditional past that binds them together.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-23849587

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.