Sonu Nigam in a Twitter post went on to criticize what he called forced religiousness , regarding Azaan the prayer call that disturbs and wakes him in the morning. Here we must note that SC has already made it clear that loud speakers should not be used in any prayer places . But our successive Communal leaders conveniently look the other way when it comes to certain communities ...The question is , whether the right to pray with loud speakers is more important​ than the right to sleep and remain healthy and energetic? Like Sonu Nigam rightly pointed out , there was no electricity nor loud speaker during Mohammed s time

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.news18.com/amp/news/movies/sonu-nigam-tweets-against-azaan-on-loudspeaker-reminded-of-jagratas-1375341.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Sonu laid out a valid point. We have a considerable number of Muslims here in Kanpur. It does get a bit annoying, hearing it 5 times a day, especially in the morning.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Yes it should be curbed.  It is annoying to hear not one but a number of mosques blaring away with time difference especially in morning and evening. Also let all the Muslims buy mobile phones and let the mosques send them an sms or  give a ring five times  a day. No noise disturbance. Also Hindus must curb use of loudspeakers during night long bhajan etc.

Yes it should be curbed.  It is annoying to hear not one but a number of mosques blaring away with time difference especially in morning and evening. Also let all the Muslims buy mobile phones and let the mosques send them an sms or  give a ring five times  a day. No noise disturbance. Also Hindus must curb use of loudspeakers during night long bhajan etc.

I have no objection to Azan, bhajan or any religious activity but the use of loudspeaker for any such activities should be strictly banned. Why should anyone hear anything that they do not want to. It's another big problem that happens in India. I am really in trouble when 5 different mosques and number of temples start their routine early in the morning. Sonu Nigam should have included everything and not azan only. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Exactly I too do not have any objection to Azaan .

There are several instances in my own place where many  Muslims do not use loud Speakers during Azaan.  in the morning.

Where as Hindus use loud speakers during early morning Bhajans.And during Maha Sivaratri day, these Bhajans last for the entire night

Perhaps Sonu Nigam has forgotten that he started his career doing Jagrata all night ( member in Twitter reminded Sonu)

Let Muslims do Azaan

Let Hindus pray.

But without creating nuisance and inconvenience to others

The issue here is not about any religious practice or prayer but disturbance caused to the public in the name of religion. I have the same problem since early in the morning invariably I wake up because of the noise . As far as noise from temple is concerned it is never early in the morning and if they have to use loudspeakers during festivities they need to get a licence and also stop all noise before 11 at night. Another point I would like to make is the manner in which certain roads get completely blocked week after week during Friday afternoon prayer time in many cities I have visited causing a lot of inconvenience to public. The authorities don't seem bothered with this..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Bells in temples do not generate as much noise as loudspeakers do and they affect a larger population.

Also, Mahashivratri , Ganesh Chaturthi, etc. get over in a few days but the use of loudspeakers for Azaan affect us everyday.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

He has raised a valid point! There is no need of loudspeakers to rouse people five times a day to conduct their prayers. Offering prayers is something very personal and it should come from within themselves to offer prayers at appropriate times. Rousing people loudly over loudspeakers sound to me a compulsive and coersive way. Anyway, that is not the point, but use of loudspeakers on religious occasions and places has indeed become a nuisance. Last week, we had to endure loud cacophony of metres high walls speakers in several processions throughout the city, to celebrate the anniversary of Dr. Ambedkar! It seems like nothing can now be celebrated without forcing loud cacophony into ears of people!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu, usha manohar

Noise is a way of life in India.  What is the greater menace?  A very short duration anzan early morning hardly disturbs any one. I also listen to Anzan in morning but am not disturbed. Rather this helps me to wake up early and start the day routine well in time. But I am disturbed much more by the Devi Bhajans whole night programmes that will not allow you to sleep. The remarks by Sonu Nigam are not genuine but simply a minority bashing agenda. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Not everyone wakes up that early in the morning. I usually do late night studies and wake up a bit late in the morning. But the noise disturbs my sleep and sort of spoils my whole day.

I'm against loud late-night bhajans too. But here, loud music is not allowed after 11:30 pm. 

Oscar Wilde

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.