Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
vijay wrote:

OK Hinduism is declared state religion. Now what is going to change. Nothing according to me. The present biases will continue. Congress secularism vs BJP nationalism will continue. Harrassment of weaker sections of society wil continue. 

So funny. according to Hindutva votaries/ Some apex Court comments, Hindu is not a religion but a way of life. If Hindu is not a religion but a way of life, how can this be'state religion'. 

One can safely say that Hinduism is both a way of life and the oldest living religion on earth. It shows how encompassing it is as a community , by the very fact that people see it differently depending on their own perception. Hinduism being so is the perfect religion to take all other religious communities into its fold - after all they all belonged and came from the same ...Initially all were Hindus which is in fact agreed even by the minorities , since both Christians and Muslims follow caste system !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

So what are you trying to achieve. Does Hinduism encompass the lower castes of its own religion? Why did Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism emerge out of Hinduism if it was so encompassing. Let us not go into all these.

usha manohar wrote:
vijay wrote:

OK Hinduism is declared state religion. Now what is going to change. Nothing according to me. The present biases will continue. Congress secularism vs BJP nationalism will continue. Harrassment of weaker sections of society wil continue. 

So funny. according to Hindutva votaries/ Some apex Court comments, Hindu is not a religion but a way of life. If Hindu is not a religion but a way of life, how can this be'state religion'. 

One can safely say that Hinduism is both a way of life and the oldest living religion on earth. It shows how encompassing it is as a community , by the very fact that people see it differently depending on their own perception. Hinduism being so is the perfect religion to take all other religious communities into its fold - after all they all belonged and came from the same ...Initially all were Hindus which is in fact agreed even by the minorities , since both Christians and Muslims follow caste system !!!

"- after all they all belonged and came from the same ...Initially all were Hindus "

I strongly disagree with this as it is a seemingly opinionated statement.

Muslims believe in Allah, Hindus in many avatars of God, Christians in their God while an atheist will probably laugh at the discussion we're having. It all depends on an individual's faith. 

Vedas say that there may be different paths to God. The Truth can be preached in different ways. Though there is a power which governs all, we cannot claim that power to be the one who classified humans into religious groups. Religion is a form of faith which itself can take many forms.

Zakir Naik said that "every child is born a Muslim." Supporting that statement would be absurd and blasphemous. But then, same can be said about your statement.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
vijay wrote:

"- after all they all belonged and came from the same ...Initially all were Hindus "

I strongly disagree with this as it is a seemingly opinionated statement.

Muslims believe in Allah, Hindus in many avatars of God, Christians in their God while an atheist will probably laugh at the discussion we're having. It all depends on an individual's faith. 

Vedas say that there may be different paths to God. The Truth can be preached in different ways. Though there is a power which governs all, we cannot claim that power to be the one who classified humans into religious groups. Religion is a form of faith which itself can take many forms.

Zakir Naik said that "every child is born a Muslim." Supporting that statement would be absurd and blasphemous. But then, same can be said about your statement.

You have the right to disagree but truth cannot be hidden because Hinduism was the only religion that was prevalent in India at the time Mughals invaded and later when the Portuguese and the British came, Islam had spread and then came Christianity...So in one way or the other everybody's ancestry can be traced back to Hinduism ..like it or not, although nothing much to be achieved now !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

So in one way or the other everybody's ancestry can be traced back to Hinduism ..like it or not, although nothing much to be achieved now !...

To continue, it is only the educated hindus who would rather pretend than accept the truth. In my own place many Christian and Muslim families have still retained their original hindu family names . We have Prabhu, Kanmat , Pai which belong to Konkani gowd saraswat Community and many caholics converted from these communities still have their original names. Among Muslims you have Manipady and kotekar and bhandary as Family names , and you can know the difference only when you hear the first name. They openly speak about their ancestry but because of the prevalent phobia that has been created by the politicians, it is considered blasphemy to even mention it ! What a state of affairs. .. 

usha manohar wrote:

So in one way or the other everybody's ancestry can be traced back to Hinduism ..like it or not, although nothing much to be achieved now !...

To continue, it is only the educated hindus who would rather pretend than accept the truth. In my own place many Christian and Muslim families have still retained their original hindu family names . We have Prabhu, Kanmat , Pai which belong to Konkani gowd saraswat Community and many caholics converted from these communities still have their original names. Among Muslims you have Manipady and kotekar and bhandary as Family names , and you can know the difference only when you hear the first name. They openly speak about their ancestry but because of the prevalent phobia that has been created by the politicians, it is considered blasphemy to even mention it ! What a state of affairs. .. 

Ok, so you were actually talking about Indians only. I assumed that the statement was about the whole world.

Hinduism of course was the most prevalent religion in India before Mughals and other invaders. Then came the Catholic missionaries, trying to convert as many Hindus as possible.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Ok, so you were actually talking about Indians only. I assumed that the statement was about the whole world.

Hinduism of course was the most prevalent religion in India before Mughals and other invaders. Then came the Catholic missionaries, trying to convert as many Hindus as possible.

Of course I was speaking only about India ..In there parts of the world there was no organised religion until Christianity came into being and later Islam which has been the fastest growing religion ..

Before religion divided the world all people belonged to a religion less society. 

vijay wrote:

Harrassment of weaker section is not begins currently. It is old problem. It is not fair to blame present government for it.

Why are BJP supporters alwayson guard and touchy. I have not blamed BJP.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.