The by polls in Rajasthan saw Congress winning all three seats and the same was the case in West Bengal too which was probably expected since BJP does not have much of a presence there. I would think this s a wake up call for BJP to get their act together and make sure to get rid of all the extremist leaders who have tarnished the image of the party in the recent months . What India wants is a democratic and a impartial leadership that delivers rather than get embroiled in controversies , what do you all say?


Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: The recent by poll results and it's impact on BJP and the coming general election

    by » 2 years ago


    The BJP under Vajpayee called for an election in 2004, sure that they will win. But they did not and lost and I recollect their slogan "India shining"backfired. Modi government has let down many people. The election cannot be a cakewalk and I have met many on my visit to India who are sure BJP will lose. May , may not happen


    Thank you said by: usha manohar

  • Re: The recent by poll results and it's impact on BJP and the coming general election

    by » 2 years ago


    I feel the same as the OP. Some of the issues which are trending in society and media is debating them constantly are absolutely uncalled for and have nothing to do with people in general of this country. Some of these issues could well be avoided in the best interest of this country but opposition parties would not let that happen in their own interest.

    Issues like Pamavat, Kasganj, beef, cow, etc in my views are negative factors which should best be avoided. Opposition is trying to take the best advantage of everything that suits them even if they have to fabricate stories or twist the facts and the ruling party is falling prey to their ill intentions.  Modi should not sleep over the burning issues like what is happening in Kashmir and should take a strict action against narcissists. The moral of army is prime and no one should be allowed to play with that government or no government.


    I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

    https://o0.nz/


    Thank you said by: usha manohar

  • Re: The recent by poll results and it's impact on BJP and the coming general election

    by » 2 years ago


    I sincerely hope it is not a repetition of 2004 and BJP does not take things for granted. I too feel that it will not be easy for BJP because of several negative factors that have shown them in a poor light. Knowing that they have to fight an opposition that is constantly at their throat they should have dealt certain  issues with maturity and sensitivity. No doubt that they have brought in many reforms but overall , they could have performed better.


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: The recent by poll results and it's impact on BJP and the coming general election

    by » 2 years ago


    Well written Usha. You are right the BJP has done some good but spoilt its copybook by some very negative actions. I need not spell them here but Indians expected better. 


  • Re: The recent by poll results and it's impact on BJP and the coming general election

    by » 2 years ago


    Karnataka election is coming. This will be a test of Modi popularity. The fact is Rahul is looking better every day and there is no doubt the Indian public has a fixation for Gandhi family. BJP cannot wish it away.  Last time BJP won as it took 71 seats in UP. Not at all possible this time. But still BJP could scrape through but it won't be a mandate like Nehru and Congress used to get.


  • Re: The recent by poll results and it's impact on BJP and the coming general election

    by » 2 years ago


    MG Singh wrote:

    Karnataka election is coming. This will be a test of Modi popularity. The fact is Rahul is looking better every day and there is no doubt the Indian public has a fixation for Gandhi family. BJP cannot wish it away.  Last time BJP won as it took 71 seats in UP. Not at all possible this time. But still BJP could scrape through but it won't be a mandate like Nehru and Congress used to get.

    Karnataka will be a tough one for BJP because if several factors. The present CM has done precious little but inspite of it because there is no able leadership in BJP , he still continues to remain popular. I feel it will be a hung verdict with JDS and Deve Gowda and sons playing the crucial role in govt formation . Not much hope here for good governance ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: The recent by poll results and it's impact on BJP and the coming general election

    by » 2 years ago


    usha manohar wrote:
    MG Singh wrote:

    Karnataka election is coming. This will be a test of Modi popularity. The fact is Rahul is looking better every day and there is no doubt the Indian public has a fixation for Gandhi family. BJP cannot wish it away.  Last time BJP won as it took 71 seats in UP. Not at all possible this time. But still BJP could scrape through but it won't be a mandate like Nehru and Congress used to get.

    Karnataka will be a tough one for BJP because if several factors. The present CM has done precious little but inspite of it because there is no able leadership in BJP , he still continues to remain popular. I feel it will be a hung verdict with JDS and Deve Gowda and sons playing the crucial role in govt formation . Not much hope here for good governance ..

    This boils to the eternal question.Is parliamentary democracy the right thing for India or a presidential form of government like in Russia and USA. India right from history never had any democracy, only autocracy. We never had a Magna Carta like in the uK or a French revolution.  So no surprise that there is no good governance.


    Thank you said by: usha manohar

  • Re: The recent by poll results and it's impact on BJP and the coming general election

    by » 2 years ago


    usha manohar wrote:
    MG Singh wrote:

    Karnataka election is coming. This will be a test of Modi popularity. The fact is Rahul is looking better every day and there is no doubt the Indian public has a fixation for Gandhi family. BJP cannot wish it away.  Last time BJP won as it took 71 seats in UP. Not at all possible this time. But still BJP could scrape through but it won't be a mandate like Nehru and Congress used to get.

    Karnataka will be a tough one for BJP because if several factors. The present CM has done precious little but inspite of it because there is no able leadership in BJP , he still continues to remain popular. I feel it will be a hung verdict with JDS and Deve Gowda and sons playing the crucial role in govt formation . Not much hope here for good governance ..

    This boils to the eternal question.Is parliamentary democracy the right thing for India or a presidential form of government like in Russia and USA. India right from history never had any democracy, only autocracy. We never had a Magna Carta like in the uK or a French revolution.  So no surprise that there is no good governance.


  • Re: The recent by poll results and it's impact on BJP and the coming general election

    by » 2 years ago


    With the coming state elections , I feel we can see some changes in power equations. Rajasthan is another state that will be tough for BJP . While in power most political parties including BJP tend to become complacent and to a certain extent arrogant which the voters don't forget . Politicians feel that public memory is short , but that depends only in certain sections of hehe society based on their own weakness and needs. By and large the middle class is not easy to manipulate .


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: The recent by poll results and it's impact on BJP and the coming general election

    by » 2 years ago


    usha manohar wrote:

    With the coming state elections , I feel we can see some changes in power equations. Rajasthan is another state that will be tough for BJP . While in power most political parties including BJP tend to become complacent and to a certain extent arrogant which the voters don't forget . Politicians feel that public memory is short , but that depends only in certain sections of hehe society based on their own weakness and needs. By and large the middle class is not easy to manipulate .

    If they are not easy to manipulate then how come corrupt politicians ( no point in naming as they are SO MANY) keep winning elections. Nobody seems to have studied this phenomenon.


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.