A visionary physicist and an inspiration to many leaves behind an intellect vaccum

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

He was a visionary and his theory of black holes in space  is the work of a genius, but he never won the Nobel prize.

How has he died? Indeed it is a big vacuum to fill.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Its really surprising that he never won Nobel prize. But there can be no doubt that he is a genius and an inspiring figure. He never let his physical disability stop him from working so hard. One must also give credit to his wife who supported him immensely.

Stephen Hawking's death is indeed a great loss to the scientific community. He was indeed a brilliant person but never won a Nobel was because almost all of his theories were just that, theories which could not be proved.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I had an opportunity to meet him in person and attend his talk as a student from DU in 2001 at Siri fort auditorium. It was a great talk and the memory still gives goose bumps. It was so amazing to see him dance on his wheel chair at the end of the talk. He was so inspirational. Just click of index finger and passing slides, he could captivate the jam packed auditorium of students. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Recently I saw the film the theory of everything based on Stephen Hawking and understood the genius that he was. His wife was a driving force who contributed greatly towards his success..Eddy redymayne gave a very realistic performance as Stephen Hawking . 

A couple of his quotes that I like 

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Recently I saw the film the theory of everything based on Stephen Hawking and understood the genius that he was. His wife was a driving force who contributed greatly towards his success..Eddy redymayne gave a very realistic performance as Stephen Hawking . 

A couple of his quotes that I like 

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Indeed, it was destined that he had to live longer than expected for human kind & it is an irrepairable loss to the human race. His profound insights despite all his disabilities are a marvel of it own league & needs no other acknowledgement.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

It is surprising to note that he wasn't the recepient of Nobel Prize, had his theory of multiverse been proved during his living, he could have got the prize. However he was priceless.

He married 2 times, had 3 kids. He defied science to live upto 76 years from 23 years when he was supposed to die at 25. He suffered from ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) in which the muscles weaken progressively & rapidly & then finally it leads to stopping of breathing.

He lived with will, determination defying science, to give science to the world!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.