Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@ MG Singh. I never thought on these lines. However I would definitely agree that the attitude of soft and mild Hinduism has definitely done a lot of exploitation to the community and nation on a whole. This is for the first time I have heard something on this line regarding the laws and implementation, I can not fully comprehend and comment. But definitely it gives a different perspective worth considering

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I would call majority of the Hindus as  both cowards and opportunistic fence sitters and attack when they know the other side has no defence like attacking a lone criminal who has stolen food or a common Eve teaser. They beat them up black and blue but when it comes to the rich and the powerful , that's a different story. They become powerless when faced with brutal power . That's precisely how such a large number of them got converted and let the Mughals and British rule for centuries rather than drive them out..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

MG Singh wrote:
Reena wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

I wonder why nobody has commented on my remark about the "meek and mild Hindu". In fact, there was no need for a special law as the death penalty was already on the statute books for murder. So a girl being raped and murdered merited death. But Hindus are scared to implement the death. In Pakistan which has a similar law inherited from the British ( Pak Penal code), 477 were hanged last year.As per reports terrorism HAS come down in Pak because of this. In India, we make laws only and don't implement them. To what use?Maybe it has something to do with Hindu psyche.

I did not completely understand. Please elaborate "meek and mild Hindu". Why are they scared to implement the death?

This can't be explained in a para but I will try. The Hindus are a pacifist people who abhor bloodshed. That is the reason Hindus were ruled for 1100 years which has no parallel in world history. This pacifist approach is based on compassion and the Hindu belief in karma. Hindus psyche does not permit violence, so FraNk Moreas coined the word " Meek and mild Hindu". In other words a Hindu will accept his lot as part of fate and not shed any blood. This manifests into not hanging murderers on the mistaken belief that death is the prerogative only of almighty. Thus hardened criminals murders rapists like Nirbhaya criminals are still not executed though years have passed. It's in the genes of Hindus not to confront adversary with blood. I hope I have given a small intro.

Thanks for the explanation. Now I have an idea about the term "meek and mild Hindu". It is more like kind and generous. Forgiveness is given more importance in Hinduism.

Arunima Singh wrote:

@ MG Singh. I never thought on these lines. However I would definitely agree that the attitude of soft and mild Hinduism has definitely done a lot of exploitation to the community and nation on a whole. This is for the first time I have heard something on this line regarding the laws and implementation, I can not fully comprehend and comment. But definitely it gives a different perspective worth considering

I truly believe that people hide behind religions. I don't really see a point in blaming them. It is we who behave the way we want to and hide behind so and so religion.

Reena wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I truly believe that people hide behind religions. I don't really see a point in blaming them. It is we who behave the way we want to and hide behind so and so religion.

Sociologists have studied and opined that religion conditions a human being. That is the reason Muslims are so aggressive all over the world. Their religion advocates it. Catholics are also very rigid. Remember the days of inquisition in Europe. Hinduism is a mild and meek faith and for that reason Hinduism which at one time spread from central Asia to Indo China is confined to sub continent. Here also 40% converted to islam. Thus thinking of a man is conditioned by religion. No wonder we can't even hand murderers and rapists.

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
MG Singh wrote:
Reena wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Sociologists have studied and opined that religion conditions a human being. That is the reason Muslims are so aggressive all over the world. Their religion advocates it. Catholics are also very rigid. Remember the days of inquisition in Europe. Hinduism is a mild and meek faith and for that reason Hinduism which at one time spread from central Asia to Indo China is confined to sub continent. Here also 40% converted to islam. Thus thinking of a man is conditioned by religion. No wonder we can't even hand murderers and rapists.

Well grown and brought up in a liberal atmosphere, I never turned out to be religious. I have a strong faith in Almighty ( I will call myself as more spiritual than religious). Am bringing up my kids the same way. My teenage daughter claims to be an atheist and I never force her to come for any religious rituals. She believes in soul and supreme power but no religion...she discards it as a man made division. I respect her view as she is a very fine human being...logical in her mind. She however has been always told by me and my husband that she has to not upset other's faith because of her belief.

But this sounds interesting and quite valid that your religion ( if you are brought up with strong feelings about it) does define your personality. 

Thank you said by: MG Singh
Arunima Singh wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
Reena wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Well grown and brought up in a liberal atmosphere, I never turned out to be religious. I have a strong faith in Almighty ( I will call myself as more spiritual than religious). Am bringing up my kids the same way. My teenage daughter claims to be an atheist and I never force her to come for any religious rituals. She believes in soul and supreme power but no religion...she discards it as a man made division. I respect her view as she is a very fine human being...logical in her mind. She however has been always told by me and my husband that she has to not upset other's faith because of her belief.

But this sounds interesting and quite valid that your religion ( if you are brought up with strong feelings about it) does define your personality. 

Religions took birth to guide men towards the path of spirituality. If the teachings and beliefs are closely studied then almost all religions are the same. We somehow differentiated them and misguided ourselves by concentrating on the practices they advocated instead of teachings.

Don't you think so-called Mahatma Gandhi was one of the followers of this policy who created the theory that said, "If some one slaps you on your right cheek, offer him your left". Even during slavery that was not fine  but we are following the same after the freedom of our country. The Gandhi did a lot of harm to this country including teaching cowardice and not retaliating according to situation or having too soft corner in our heart for evaders or unwanted people that did not believe in our culture. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

Don't you think so-called Mahatma Gandhi was one of the followers of this policy who created the theory that said, "If some one slaps you on your right cheek, offer him your left". Even during slavery that was not fine  but we are following the same after the freedom of our country. The Gandhi did a lot of harm to this country including teaching cowardice and not retaliating according to situation or having too soft corner in our heart for evaders or unwanted people that did not believe in our culture. 

Well he is kept at such a high pedestal in our society. We worship him as father of our nation. And in our country there is so much of blind worshiping, that we forget that he was a human and he could also err. No words are spoken or heard against him. However there are many things that he did wrong and we suffered. But nobody talks about it. His favoritism to Nehru was one. 

I totally agree with you on this line. We can not demean the efforts of other freedom fighters who were agressive

These are the two different paths I believe. Some people prefer non-violence and peace and others want a more practical approach and thus violence or aggressiveness doesn't seem wrong to them. I don't see a point in blaming each other for the kind of approach that is followed or practiced.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.