Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Non-violence and peace and cowardice are poles apart. Non-violence and peace look good with if the nation and its people are strong and know the importance of self-respect but if the people are coward or do not know how to protect themselves in the name of Non-violence and peace then it's meaningless. Our neighboring countries are taking full advantage of our this particular weakness. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Let's return to the topic- death penalty for child rapists. Imagine how cruel the mentality of that person might be to commit such an act. Can punishment stop that? I will not want my kid to not commit a crime as he has to face the consequence of it in the form of punishment. I would definitely want him to not commit it simply because he knows that it is wrong and also knows the difference between right and wrong. Don't you think that counseling in each and every sector and that too right from the early childhood is necessary to stop crime?

There is no perfect solution to crime, I feel that castration is far more effective than death because it makes the rapist realise every day the severity of his act and may deter others too ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

There is no perfect solution to crime, I feel that castration is far more effective than death because it makes the rapist realise every day the severity of his act and may deter others too ...

There is the eternàl qluestion, who will execute this punishment.? This is not practised anywhere even in Saudi Arabia.Good only for discussion.

Thank you said by: Reena

There are many more methods which can be used to realize the wrongdoers and help them change. 

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There is the eternàl qluestion, who will execute this punishment.? This is not practised anywhere even in Saudi Arabia.Good only for discussion.

Saudi Arabia is a male dominated society so such a punishment would not even be thought of ... anyway a lady gets punished for rape and a not a man according t Sharia law so what can the society learn from such a barbaric practice and law.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Saudi Arabia is a male dominated society so such a punishment would not even be thought of ... anyway a lady gets punished for rape and a not a man according t Sharia law so what can the society learn from such a barbaric practice and law.

My question remains. Who will execute such a punishment in India?. About Saudi what I am saying executions are by sword and over 250 were execute by beheading. The punishment suggested by your good self is not in existence under any law.its better India at least executes people on death row. There are 497 people and some are awaiting execution for decades.

When a convict is killed, he/she is devoid of a chance to regret deeds. They are devoid of rehabilitation. I feel before implementing blood for blood measure, let all those cases be registered which go unreported. In such cases, fearless convicts roam easily as the victim is scared to report regarding the crime.

Reena wrote:

Let's return to the topic- death penalty for child rapists. Imagine how cruel the mentality of that person might be to commit such an act. Can punishment stop that? I will not want my kid to not commit a crime as he has to face the consequence of it in the form of punishment. I would definitely want him to not commit it simply because he knows that it is wrong and also knows the difference between right and wrong. Don't you think that counseling in each and every sector and that too right from the early childhood is necessary to stop crime?

you have a point. But do you see how fearless people are to commit these kind of crime everyday. I think they know what they are doing and still do it because they know it that the soft and inefficient law will let them go. Many of them are repeated offenders. When we have death penalty for murders and other crimes of that level, why not for rape???it is the most heinous of all.

I agree that counselling, teaching them gender equality, rights and respects for each individual right from childhood will definitely bring about a change in social mindset over a period of time. But that is a long term program. These crime keep happening every second. It is a shame. We can not go for such slow reforms and let many more be victimized. Yes, let it continue but till then having a fear of law will definitely help to bring down the number of such cases. 

In fact i feel many people get moral boost to do such things because they see others getting away after such crimes.

I have no soft corner for such wrongdoers. Death penalty is too less for them. They should be beaten, thrashed, castrated and then hanged. No punishment justifies the crime that they have done. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Counselling cannot stop crime. Read what Emmanual Kant and Albert Camus wrote. Man has a evil streak as well which is called deviant traits. Such men need to be just hanged. I have pointed out 497 were hanged to death in Pak last year. In India we have close to 500on death row. Better hang them but the way things move in India it won't happen.

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, epraneeth77
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.