Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Very true , we see most of those with criminal or corrupt background winning the election. The  Indian voters seems to have a fascination for the bad guys , be it Salman Khan or George , a very corrupt and criminally minded politician from Karnataka who won with a huge margin and is now a Mantri !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Almost 3 weeks since the inception of the new JDS / Congress regime . They still have not been able to come to a consensus on ministerial berth . So just imagine what would happen at the national level if all parties ganging up against Modi manage to win the election!!!!?

No one can stop opposition parties to join hand to face Modi and BJP. Only voter can save country. reject gangs of power hungers.

But unfortunately, Indian voters are still influenced by many factors other than development. Many of the known criminals ve been elected by the Indian voters. So it is unlikely that the voters would reject the power hungry politicians in the next election.

Corrupt politicians are responsible for it. They divide voters in cast ans sub-cast. These group of voters have one leader, member of these always follow leader. 

anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Almost 3 weeks since the inception of the new JDS / Congress regime . They still have not been able to come to a consensus on ministerial berth . So just imagine what would happen at the national level if all parties ganging up against Modi manage to win the election!!!!?

No one can stop opposition parties to join hand to face Modi and BJP. Only voter can save country. reject gangs of power hungers.

But unfortunately, Indian voters are still influenced by many factors other than development. Many of the known criminals ve been elected by the Indian voters. So it is unlikely that the voters would reject the power hungry politicians in the next election.

Corrupt politicians are responsible for it. They divide voters in cast ans sub-cast. These group of voters have one leader, member of these always follow leader. 

Why blame only the politicians? We the voters are responsible for it. Personally I feel that if the politicians are corrupt, public are responsible for offering and encouraging corruption. If the public says No to the bribe being asked for, then no one can forced us to give bribes. 

Corruption exist because people are ready to give bribes. 

Also why should voters follow their leader blindly? But what you said is true in India, people like to elect someone from their own caste and sub caste.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Why blame only the politicians? We the voters are responsible for it. Personally I feel that if the politicians are corrupt, public are responsible for offering and encouraging corruption. If the public says No to the bribe being asked for, then no one can forced us to give bribes. 

Corruption exist because people are ready to give bribes. 

Also why should voters follow their leader blindly? But what you said is true in India, people like to elect someone from their own caste and sub caste.

Caste and Religion overrides everything in Indian politics. In Karnataka the circus for ministerial berth is never ending. Now all those who were denied have formed a group and have been discussing their next move ...this is what happens when greedy , power hungry , selfish and thoughtless alliances take place.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

anil wrote:

The Chief Minister defended his choice saying that he himself is a high school drop out...the reality is that GT Devegowda was promised that he wd get any ministry he wanted if he defeated Siddaramaiah in Varuna constituency , which he did. 

anil wrote:

The Chief Minister defended his choice saying that he himself is a high school drop out...the actual reality is that GT Devegowda was promised that he wd get any ministry he wanted if he defeated Siddaramaiah in Varuna constituency , which he did. 

anil wrote:

Usually the education level of a politician should not matter but it is different for a minister. Being an education minister, he ll be responsible for making all the policies for the development of the education sector of the state. But his not even passing high school level, Will he be able to do justice to his role?

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I feel that it is only fair that politicians have a minimum educational qualification like in any other job. In fact I feel it is essential because they handle the highest level of adminstration in all spheres of the nation..

usha manohar wrote:

I feel that it is only fair that politicians have a minimum educational qualification like in any other job. In fact I feel it is essential because they handle the highest level of adminstration in all spheres of the nation..

I agree. In British parliaments, the MPs mostly all come from very high academic background. Most young men and women work at either Oxford or similar such great universities and study political sciences and History as their main subjects and gain an indepth understanding of how democracy works and how they can make a difference in the workings of parliament to benefit people. They are also extremely adept in public speaking. Only such highly educated people get to become ministers while in India the minimum qualification is not even school completed but more of who has more brawns than brains and more gold to show off. Educated ministers, on the other hand are quite rare and can make a lot of difference. One example is Devendra Fadnavis, who is so much more dignified and well informed than most and since he became a CM, has initiated a special programme for young, ambitious and intelligent people. It is called a Chief Minister's Fellowship programme and candidates selected for programme are screened quite rigorously and need to be the top of their field of expertise. They get to work closely with the CM and his office and are supposed to give and implement ideas in various fields of administration, technology, innovation etc. Something that I never saw during other CMs. 

So I think that there should be a rule in place that ministers should be graduates in political science at least to conduct themselves with dignity.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.