The by poll results especially the Two in UP has seen BJP losing , winning one in Maharashtra , Nagaland  ..but the coming together of all the opposition parties cannot be taken lightly by the BJP any more . Overconfidence and Yogi Aditya naths style of functioning has been the cause of this defeat . Along with Gorakhpur they have lost three seats which is definitely worriesom...how relevant are these results for the coming general elections?

http://indianexpress.com/elections/lok-sabha-bypoll-results-2018-live-updates-kairana-bhandara-gondiya-nagaland-palghar-counting-5197685/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

You are right BJP loosing in by election. In my views selection of yogi as CM is not right. General election is differ from by election.People of watching crippled alliance of Karnatka. Opposition have only one task to defeat Modi and BJP because their shops are closed in these days.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I too had my reservation about Yogi but in all fairness he has drastically brought down the crime rate in UP but has committed some blunders too that has backfired on him..I feel that he shd stick to his state rather than interfere in the affairs if other states because UP is not a model state by any standard.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

I too had my reservation about Yogi but in all fairness he has drastically brought down the crime rate in UP but has committed some blunders too that has backfired on him..I feel that he shd stick to his state rather than interfere in the affairs if other states because UP is not a model state by any standard.

Check on crime rate is good but people wants to check of corruption and effective governance. UP is big state so it is time focus there.

Blaming Yogi leads no where. I had mentioned earlier after my visit to Lucknow after Gorakhpur defeat that people are disenchanted with BJP and it wont win more than 20 seats in UP. The writing is on the wall and Modi has to shoulder the blame like a man.

Nothing much, the results will be different in general elections and we all know that opposition doesn't travel long in the same bus.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree , as of now no one is bothered about what happened a few months ago,..so a year is a long time and I can assure that there will be many changes within our political system and in equations between the various parties that have come together with the sole purpose of throwing out BJP and Mr Modi ...

Lets hope the result of the by poll elections will humble BJP and also make them realise they need to work harder if they want to be victorious in 2019 election. There is still time. I hope they again emerge victorious

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The BJP has not only lost seats but it's vote share is also down.Good or bad the reality is BJP will lose UP Bihar and Rasthan and loss of over 120 seats will sound defeat in 2019. Who is to take blame for it? Fond hopes that BJP will win is akin to the adage "if wishes were horses beggars would rude."

I think Yogi style of functioning isn't working, he has been known for being a controverisal leader from the past & it seems to be reflecting in the results of by elections.

Even the farmers federation protest for farm loan waiver & their plea for receiving Minimum support price is raising its voice through 10 days stoppage of vegetables & fruits from 7 states is not a good indication to go by.

I think the government is in a very tight situation right now with only 273 seats which is closer to the half way 270 mark to be in government. That is a very clear indication that people are not happy with just scam less govt & major reforms but they want to see some benefit at the common man level like job creation, farm loan waiver, Minimum support price, common man expenses decreasing.

The government is focusing on Infrastructure, digital initiatives, Swachh Bharat, Defecation free programme, Jan Dhan Yojana, Subsidy transfer to rural women but it looks like it also needs to focus on the more immediate things such as job creation, MSP & reduction in common man expenses

Though the government has done very good progress when compared to previous governments as the statistics themselves show that the work speed of Modi government is more than Congress government but it should have focused on immediate requirements first & then give 2nd importance to go for long term benefits.

Somewhere in managing short term, long term benefits & criticising opposition government, the government seems to have lost its shine in the eyes of common man & farmers. It is a tough road ahead for sure but if the United Opposition falls before 2019 elections, the situation should become better for BJP.

If BJP wins in 2019 elections it should give top priority in setting things right by giving priority to Farmers MSP, Loan waiver, Job creation & reduction in common man expenses, undertake less major reforms as more major reforms will it a big blow from common man.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

MG Singh wrote:

Blaming Yogi leads no where. I had mentioned earlier after my visit to Lucknow after Gorakhpur defeat that people are disenchanted with BJP and it wont win more than 20 seats in UP. The writing is on the wall and Modi has to shoulder the blame like a man.

If BJP wont win more than 20 seat is coming general election that it is impossible for him to make government. Country prepared for a "Khcidi" government which have more stones than rice and pules.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.