PM Modi has put forward the proposal of "One India One Poll" . UP Government of Adityanath has come forward in full support of it.

https://www.oneindia.com/india/one-nation-one-poll-up-becomes-first-state-to-draft-report-backing-the-concept-2710615.html

There is a mixed reaction among opposition while most of them are opposing it, a few like Akhilesh Yadav back it up.

One time election was a norm in India till 1960 when coalition government and unstable tenures entered Indian Politics destabilizing the norm. What is your opinion abut this proposal of PM Modi??

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think it is a very good initiative, as we all know that it would bring down the cost & time of conducting election by parties & election commission. It will also  ensure fairness & create less drama in voting in single time.

It also is good for our democracy & makes the other works to go normally during the other period.

For example if there are any nation wide Exams like Board Exams, AIEEE, NET, CA Exams, IIT, etc there will be no postponement in this way as it will be planned according to the election schedule whereas in state by state election it is not possible like that.

Overall I think it is a very feasible, economical & progressive decision for our Country.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

It is good proposal from PM Modi. It safe sources time and energy of nation. But it is very hard that other party will accept it. Other parties also wants it but they all oppose it because it proposal of Modi.

This is not feasible. Lok Sabha and assemblies have different dates for their expiry. For conducting election at a time, either tenure of some assemblies will have to be shortened or extended in some cases.  Even if the elections are somehow conducted simultaneously, there can emerge circumstances for mid term polls and this will again disturb the next schedule for simultaneous polls.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: jabeen
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

This is not feasible. Lok Sabha and assemblies have different dates for their expiry. For conducting election at a time, either tenure of some assemblies will have to be shortened or extended in some cases.  Even if the elections are somehow conducted simultaneously, there can emerge circumstances for mid term polls and this will again disturb the next schedule for simultaneous polls.  

Economically , having one poll may be a good idea since it saves a lot of expenditure  but, practically there are difficulties as you rightly point out.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes tenure if some assemblies will have to be shortened or extended as needed. But this might be a one time problem or in case if coalition government fails before completing the tenure. India had one poll till 1960 and then coalition government unstable government came into action and the tenures of different state government and state government started at different times and ended at different times. So if this proposal is brought into action, the problem will be for one cycle or in case if either state or central government fails before completing the term.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You have rightly pointed out the problems that could arise. If needed elections has to be held before the next schedule. However, Mid term poll is only for the remaining tenure if I am not mistaken, so it shouldn't disturb the next schedule. 

If the government plans to go for a single poll for state and parliamentary election then it will be a drastic decision of ending the tenure of certain state assemblies. I think it's worth giving it a try which might sound harsh but will sort many problems in the future.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

If the government plans to go for a single poll for state and parliamentary election then it will be a drastic decision of ending the tenure of certain state assemblies. I think it's worth giving it a try which might sound harsh but will sort many problems in the future.

I guess there has to be a first time ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes some what you right, nature of Indian politics not allowed this system. Is it time of alliance government. NO one knows when  supporter pull carpet.

There are many electioneering practices that need to be abolished ...like for example , top leaders contesting from two constituencies. Later they forgo one if they win both and a re election has to be held. Instead if they do away with this practice some expenditure and unnecessary effort will be saved.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.