Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

There are many electioneering practices that need to be abolished ...like for example , top leaders contesting from two constituencies. Later they forgo one if they win both and a re election has to be held. Instead if they do away with this practice some expenditure and unnecessary effort will be saved.

Yes I also feel it for long time. Politicians are enjoying it on cost of citizen of country. Some politicians contest assembly election, and   they again contest in general election. If they won Parliament election the forgo assembly seat. Than  re-election on vacant seat, means wastage of public funds. 

Thank you said by: usha manohar
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There are many electioneering practices that need to be abolished ...like for example , top leaders contesting from two constituencies. Later they forgo one if they win both and a re election has to be held. Instead if they do away with this practice some expenditure and unnecessary effort will be saved.

Yes I also feel it for long time. Politicians are enjoying it on cost of citizen of country. Some politicians contest assembly election, and   they again contest in general election. If they won Parliament election the forgo assembly seat. Than  re-election on vacant seat, means wastage of public funds. 

I too have similar thoughts on this. No candidate should be allowed to contest from 2 constituencies.

Sheetal Kumar N wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I too have similar thoughts on this. No candidate should be allowed to contest from 2 constituencies.

There is also the practice of an MLA ,later contesting for an MP seat and vacating it if he wins , which means another by election! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Sheetal Kumar N wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There is also the practice of an MLA ,later contesting for an MP seat and vacating it if he wins , which means another by election! 

If some contest from 2 constityencies and if he quit one seat, than cost of re-election must be recovered from them.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.