Do you think that floods in Kerala are due to human abuse of natural resources or it is just a natural phenomenon nothing to do with mankind . What are your suggestions ?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I feel it is because of a number of reasons - first of all the amount of rainfall was unprecedented ..never happened for more than a century. Also the two major dams esp Idukki were mismanaged by the Kerala govt inspite of prior warning , they shd have let off water immediately and deforestation is another cause for land slides and loss of human life. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I feel it is because of a number of reasons - first of all the amount of rainfall was unprecedented ..never happened for more than a century. Also the two major dams esp Idukki were mismanaged by the Kerala govt inspite of prior warning , they shd have let off water immediately and deforestation is another cause for land slides and loss of human life. 

I was just reading one news piece online which mentioned that many areas are ESZ ecological sensitive Zone and lot was done here to develop tourism and other business which was against the environment. So this flood was also due to some manhandling of Nature. Deforestation is definitely a cause for all these disasters.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Ultimately , we are ourselves to blame for what happened in Kerala and Coorg which is devastated ..I have relatives and close friends living in Madikeri, Kushal Nagara and Sampaje where nature unleashed it's fury . The stories are harrowing and scary

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Interference of man is to be blamed for this deluge in Kerala because in the name of development, indiscriminate deforestation as well as mining is being done in the Western Ghats which are ecologically sensitive. Eminent environmentalist Madhav Gadgil has done an extensive research at grassroots level and he had submitted report in 2010, which as usual, was thrown into trash. He has worked with people who live in these places and shown how development can be achieved without harming the ecodiversity, but no one is interested because all people are interested in is quick money and instant results.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/kerala-floods-rains-disaster-western-ghats-report-5314873/

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:

After every disaster we all begins to search reason for it, but we never took any lesson from it. After some days we forget all thing. We must be remember that nature never excuse for our wrong doing. It is reaction of nature.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

After every disaster we all begins to search reason for it, but we never took any lesson from it. After some days we forget all thing. We must be remember that nature never excuse for our wrong doing. It is reaction of nature.

Once Kerala and Coorg are rebuilt our lawmakers and others who are bent on filling their pockets by raping nature will go back to their criminal activities , until the next disaster which may be even more severe..I feel that people should take the initiative and oppose anything that poses a threat to nature.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Once Kerala and Coorg are rebuilt our lawmakers and others who are bent on filling their pockets by raping nature will go back to their criminal activities , until the next disaster which may be even more severe..I feel that people should take the initiative and oppose anything that poses a threat to nature.

Yes if we wants to save our life than first we think to save nature. It is our duty that we leave blue sky for generations. we must be stop to look for others and do our self, what we can.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.