Article 35A treats the non-permanent members of J&K as "Second Class Citizens". It also says that the laws made by J&K cannot be negated on ground of fundamental rights of other citizens. Do you think that this article should be removed from our constitution?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes for better development of J&K this article must be removed. Kashmir valley's people are poor one and have not enough funds for development of business and industry. 

Not just article 35a but article 370 too should be scrapped making Jammu and Kashmir an integral part of India . This allows for freedom of movement for all citizens and helps the region become prosperous.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: arjun sai

Kashmir is an integral part of India and should be treated like any other state of country. I agree with Usha that both these articles should be scrapped and Kashmir should not be given any special status and should be treated like any other state of India. But this is not going to be simple. There will be big political storm to oppose it.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

Kashmir is an integral part of India and should be treated like any other state of country. I agree with Usha that both these articles should be scrapped and Kashmir should not be given any special status and should be treated like any other state of India. But this is not going to be simple. There will be big political storm to oppose it.

For it strong will power is required. If BJP have mazority in both house than they can do it, without bothering political storm and storm of separists of Kashmir valley.

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

For it strong will power is required. If BJP have mazority in both house than they can do it, without bothering political storm and storm of separists of Kashmir valley.

That doesn't seem likely and even if the BJP does manage to get a majority , I am sure the Abdullahs, Mufti and other separatist groups will fight tooth and nail to stop such a move 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

That doesn't seem likely and even if the BJP does manage to get a majority , I am sure the Abdullahs, Mufti and other separatist groups will fight tooth and nail to stop such a move 

They used to, they are doing and they will do , Some people begins agitation on this issue, although decision of S. C. is pending.

As a start scrapping article 35 would be a first step towards diluting the article 370 ...I feel that people should support it and let the govt make it a reality.

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
usha manohar wrote:

Definitely this speaks of Nehru's short sightedness as a leader. And to keep Sardar Patel out or this was a grave mistake. And Patel was very right to say that "Nehru Royega". Apparently the whole country is paying the price for Nehru's mistake and we all are crying over it. I feel hurt the way Nehru and Gandhi sidelined Patel in many of decisions. I read one article that I am not able to recall but it mentioned that Patel in his last days was hurt by the treatment he received from Gandhi and Nehru. 

anil wrote:

Yes for better development of J&K this article must be removed. Kashmir valley's people are poor one and have not enough funds for development of business and industry. 

Removing this article will definitely help with economy. People from any part of India can buy property there, settle there and start a business. Definitely it will open new avenues for people there.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.