According to Madras High Court Judgement , it is embarrassing for sitting judges and VIPs to wait in a que at the toll gates , and be made to show their IDs  .  . What exactly does this mean ? That they are a cut above the rest ? Honestly , with this kind of an attitude coming from a High Court judge , how can we hope to end VVIP racism? In this day and times is this even a fair judgment ?

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/hc-wants-separate-toll-lanes-for-judges-vips/articleshow/65599940.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TOI&utm_content=om-bm

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is definitely not a good call. All the talks done by various politicians and influential people to bring down VVIP culture has been only a lip service. I strongly feel that a tax payer should enjoy the maximum rights and privileges in any place as he/she is the contributor for all the development. 

VVIP racism is deep rooted in our culture. No one leaves a chance to get free rides in name of power and position.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Just what does VIP stand for in a democracy? People with such attitude should come to terms or shown the door. Footpath for use of common people are being misused under the very nose of authorities concerned and they are talking about VIP lanes.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

When the red beacon was banned in year 2017, I was feeling assured that this government will surely do good for the common man. But considering this is done by Madras High court, this might not be applicable to other states as well. Also I would like to point out that parliament and judiciary are two different things, we should not confuse between those. What action has been issued by High court, it is possible that politicians have no hand in it. 

I hope this is just a one off instance & not the default way. In the recent past we have seen many positive changes in this regard under Modi Leadership. This comes as a one off instance. Modi did not encourage VIP Culture & took many initiatives in different fields to end this though I do not remember in particular where VIP Culture was ended, but it did happen in his regime.

However I think the decision should be challenged in Supreme Court to change the decision though it may not happen.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

The case cane up because a Calcutta judge was made to wait in the toll que for 15 mins and the judgment came from Madras high court, in fact going against Supreme Court Judgement putting an end to red light beacons and other vip culture. But old habits die hard and some of those who have enjoyed special status will not let go of it so easily .

I feel having a special corridor for ambulances and police vehicles on duty is fair but to encourage this kind of favoritism is definitely not democratic

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

The case cane up because a Calcutta judge was made to wait in the toll que for 15 mins and the judgment came from Madras high court, in fact going against Supreme Court Judgement putting an end to red light beacons and other vip culture. But old habits die hard and some of those who have enjoyed special status will not let go of it so easily .

I feel having a special corridor for ambulances and police vehicles on duty is fair but to encourage this kind of favoritism is definitely not democratic

Indeed Special Corridor for Ambulances & Police Vehicles on Duty is a very welcome move, but VIP Culture must be closed to their roots.

It is actually surprising how the High Court could go against a Supreme Court Judgement!

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

We haven't enough space for common man on the roads. Considering the situation of present infrastructure and space available for roads in India a separate lane for VIPs would further reduce walking/traveling space. This idea is not worth giving it a second thought.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

usha manohar wrote:

These VIP are hungry of special status. Not only road they want special treatment every where. In hospital common person may be died in absence of care but these VIP must be treated prior to all for a minor health problem.

It is sad to see decisions being taken which help the division of common man and VIPs. I feel that for VIPs to feel the pulse of a common man, they need to go through the situations and circumstances that we go through and that would be the only way for them to come up with viable solutions rather than finding work arounds for themselves.

The steel flyover proposed in Bangalore was for VIP. And they had to sacrifice so many trees for that. Luckily public awareness, protest and agitation has stopped it. I think public need to get united and oppose such things. VIPs need to realize that they can not get a free ride all the time.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.