Raj Kapoor's family decide to sell R. K. studio. Although it is personal matter of RK family. But we movie lovers have some emotional attachment with R.K. Films. Raj Kapoor establish R.K. Studio in 1950. It is 78 years old. The era will be end with sell of studio. How are you feeling?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Sale of R. K. Studio

    by » 3 years ago


    arjun sai
    Expert Boarder
    76 396 4.58k

    When I went for an interview last year to Mumbai, RK studio was the first thing I saw in Chembur. The reason being it is clearly visible from the main road. After the fire in the studio last year, it was almost certain that the family will sell it. Rather than selling the iconic studio, they should have preserved it as a momento or made a small museum. This is not coming as a surprise as we all know how greedy these people are to earn some money. Almost all of them advertise for the products which are actually harmful and they might have never used those in their life but still to earn some money they will do anything. But I am feeling bad that such an iconic thing is being sold.


    Thank you said by: usha manohar

  • Re: Sale of R. K. Studio

    by » 3 years ago


    usha manohar
    Basileus
    704 19.5k 126.1k
    arjun sai wrote:

    When I went for an interview last year to Mumbai, RK studio was the first thing I saw in Chembur. The reason being it is clearly visible from the main road. After the fire in the studio last year, it was almost certain that the family will sell it. Rather than selling the iconic studio, they should have preserved it as a momento or made a small museum. This is not coming as a surprise as we all know how greedy these people are to earn some money. Almost all of them advertise for the products which are actually harmful and they might have never used those in their life but still to earn some money they will do anything. But I am feeling bad that such an iconic thing is being sold.

    I had similar views , felt that it should have been made into a museum or given to the film chamber to be used for film related activities rather than sell ...But I doubt if the family has the kind of generosity that Raj Kapoor apparently had. Apparently, he was very generous and used to really take good care of his staff and even others who approached him for help.


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: arjun sai, Arunima Singh

  • Re: Sale of R. K. Studio

    by » 3 years ago


    Arunima Singh
    Platinum Mate
    70 1.72k 13.5k

    R K Studio holds an eminent place in the history of Indian Cinema and Raj Kapoor will always be one of the biggest showman of this Industry. Selling it off does not go down well with the emotions of many film lovers. They could have change it in to a museum or some platform for film related activities Selling it just closes one era. That is a blunt end.


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


  • Re: Sale of R. K. Studio

    by » 3 years ago


    Suny Ag
    Editor & Super Moderator
    253 20k 141.2k

    I don't think selling of useless property should have anything to do with emotions or sentiments of the owners. Maybe Raj Kapoor or Prithvi Raj Kappor would think differently but the later generation had nothing to do much with production so selling it was the best option for them. Maybe the cine lovers willing to see it as a museum could contribute and help it convert it into one.


    I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

    https://o0.nz/


  • Re: Sale of R. K. Studio

    by » 3 years ago


    anil
    MAESTRO MATE
    220 6.73k 39.2k
    Arunima Singh wrote:

    R K Studio holds an eminent place in the history of Indian Cinema and Raj Kapoor will always be one of the biggest showman of this Industry. Selling it off does not go down well with the emotions of many film lovers. They could have change it in to a museum or some platform for film related activities Selling it just closes one era. That is a blunt end.

    Earlier they sold Raj Bag at Puney and now they are selling RK Studio. Most of movie lover and fen of Raj Kapoor wants that studio is used for film making and R.K films also produce films. It will be true tribute to Raj Kapoor. Jeena Yahan Marna yahan. Films making was life of Raj Kapoor.


  • Re: Sale of R. K. Studio

    by » 3 years ago


    Sheetal Kumar N
    Senior Boarder
    5 130 4.71k

    I hope the buyer will preserve most of the studio, to keep the nostalgia alive.


  • Re: Sale of R. K. Studio

    by » 3 years ago


    Arunima Singh
    Platinum Mate
    70 1.72k 13.5k
    Sheetal Kumar N wrote:

    I hope the buyer will preserve most of the studio, to keep the nostalgia alive.

    Yes he can make a good use of it as a museum. That might generate a good revenue.


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


  • Re: Sale of R. K. Studio

    by » 3 years ago


    anil
    MAESTRO MATE
    220 6.73k 39.2k
    Arunima Singh wrote:
    Sheetal Kumar N wrote:

    I hope the buyer will preserve most of the studio, to keep the nostalgia alive.

    Yes he can make a good use of it as a museum. That might generate a good revenue.

    Maharastra government can do it, read what is saying other bollywood actors about sale of R.K. Studio

    http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/153783/09020315090507/0/map/tabs-1/2018-09-02%2000:00:00/41/3/text/

    http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/153777/09020315030694/0/map/tabs-1/2018-09-02%2000:00:00/41/14/image/

     


  • Re: Sale of R. K. Studio

    by » 3 years ago


    usha manohar
    Basileus
    704 19.5k 126.1k

    @anil , unfortunately I cannot read the link article since it is in Hindi ...however, I doubt the buyer after paying the kind of price for the property would want to retain it as a memorial. If the family does not care why would a business man bother ?


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Sale of R. K. Studio

    by » 3 years ago


    Arunima Singh
    Platinum Mate
    70 1.72k 13.5k

    I could not open the link. It asked for city and took me to some other news piece. But I am on same page of thought as Usha. Why would a business man who bought the property will think on emotional lines?? It is possible only if the buyer is a big fan of Raj Kapoor. It is possible to get such ardent cine lovers.


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.

whom would you like to see in a negative role?

which actor of bollywood can perform negative roles.
No answer selected. Please try again.
Please select either existing option or enter your own, however not both.
Please select minimum 0 answer(s) and maximum 4 answer(s).
/polls/movies-and-entertainment/5945-whom-would-you-like-to-see-in-a-negative-role.json?task=poll.vote
5945
radio
[{"id":"20466","title":"amitabh bacchan","votes":"24","type":"x","order":"0","pct":22.86,"resources":[]},{"id":"20467","title":"shahrukh khan","votes":"29","type":"x","order":"0","pct":27.62,"resources":[]},{"id":"20468","title":"ranbir kapoor","votes":"31","type":"x","order":"0","pct":29.52,"resources":[]},{"id":"20469","title":"hrithik roshan","votes":"21","type":"x","order":"0","pct":20,"resources":[]}] ["#ff5b00","#4ac0f2","#b80028","#eef66c","#60bb22","#b96a9a","#62c2cc"] ["rgba(255,91,0,0.7)","rgba(74,192,242,0.7)","rgba(184,0,40,0.7)","rgba(238,246,108,0.7)","rgba(96,187,34,0.7)","rgba(185,106,154,0.7)","rgba(98,194,204,0.7)"] 350
bottom 200