Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I feel that government should work on improving the standards of generic medicine. Medicine and other health care facilities need to be more affordable to majority.

When treatment is become expensive every day, that it is duty of government to provide us treatment at reasonable cost. Every government hospital have long line of patients. Doctor can give only 2-3 mints to check a patient. These patients can not go to private hospital because of expensive medicines and pathlogical test. Generic medicine can help in solving this problem.

Even in private hospitals we do not get the deserved time and attention from the doctor despite of paying a high fees.

Moreover, there is a nexus between doctors and these drug brands and this nexus does not care about the real health of people. You are prescribed a drug of a specific brand only because the doctor gets a cut off from the sale of the drug. I have been a victim of this. I was prescribed a drug that was so expensive and was not needed by me. In fact it was banned for diabetics. This doctor gave me number of a supplier and I bought the medicine in bulk. But my health condition deteriorated fast. Then I took second opinion from one of my relative who is a doctor who asked me to stop it ASAP. So I paid huge amount on a drug and consumed it for 6 months and it caused harm to me. And there is no straight law to help patients like me. The only thing I could do is to warn people against that doctor.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: arjun sai
Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I feel that government should work on improving the standards of generic medicine. Medicine and other health care facilities need to be more affordable to majority.

When treatment is become expensive every day, that it is duty of government to provide us treatment at reasonable cost. Every government hospital have long line of patients. Doctor can give only 2-3 mints to check a patient. These patients can not go to private hospital because of expensive medicines and pathlogical test. Generic medicine can help in solving this problem.

Even in private hospitals we do not get the deserved time and attention from the doctor despite of paying a high fees.

Moreover, there is a nexus between doctors and these drug brands and this nexus does not care about the real health of people. You are prescribed a drug of a specific brand only because the doctor gets a cut off from the sale of the drug. I have been a victim of this. I was prescribed a drug that was so expensive and was not needed by me. In fact it was banned for diabetics. This doctor gave me number of a supplier and I bought the medicine in bulk. But my health condition deteriorated fast. Then I took second opinion from one of my relative who is a doctor who asked me to stop it ASAP. So I paid huge amount on a drug and consumed it for 6 months and it caused harm to me. And there is no straight law to help patients like me. The only thing I could do is to warn people against that doctor.

That's horrible . .honestly , medical and moral ethics is lost these days. Doctors have become scrupulous , ready to do anything for money. I have seen how doctors prescribe the most expensive medication even when there is a cheaper alternative . Most of the leading drug companies organise holidays for doctors and give other benefits 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: arjun sai
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

That's horrible . .honestly , medical and moral ethics is lost these days. Doctors have become scrupulous , ready to do anything for money. I have seen how doctors prescribe the most expensive medication even when there is a cheaper alternative . Most of the leading drug companies organise holidays for doctors and give other benefits 

Today's people need to analyse doctor's trend of giving medicines, what kind of medicines he gives generally, understand from patients their response to their ailment & then go to Doctor. Today going to Doctor should be a rarity, only then will the Doctors realise the importance of giving correct medicines to patients. 

We have to look out for home remedies in the first place & then lastly resort to Doctors, that too good Doctor based on our knowledge & experience. In fact, we as patients should have a pharmaceutical knowledge to some extent by our own experience on the basis of which we can judge and then make a decision collectively & then go to a Doctor. Nobody can depend on Doctor blindly believing that he is a god who serves his people. Today's Doctor's quality is so poor that a Patient is doing the half work of the Doctor & the Doctor if he does his half work correctly, only then is the purpose served, else he becomes a long term customer to him.

Cruel world outside. Previously I did not have much knowledge about medicines as I was more or less healthy & I was wondering why all people talk about Doctors badly, they are treating well only na. Then after my health deteriorated & I started visiting around 10 to 15 Doctors for a single ailment did I understand what Doctors are made up of, commercial, deceptive, ill knowledged to trap customers for long run, create more side effects which are more than the ailment itself.

First thing should be to take good care of health through natural methods like Yoga, exercise, Gym as a person's type of body suits in the morning. Then one should turn towards Home remedies, Ayurveda & Homeo. Thereafter can one think of Doctors that too after thorough analysis.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

There are very relevant & effective laws like Consumer Courts, etc. But India as is known is good to frame policies & keep them in the museum so that people will come and appreciate the knowledge that we have. But in reality nothing transpires, slow processing, corruption leaves our hopes to air. There is no guarantee that the plaintiff will get justice. 

Due to its slow processing & corruption apart from less awareness, people do not even go there. The people in Consumer Courts which are of government sit happily earn, sleep, live a sedate & inactive lifestyle. This is what our India is made up of.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.